The clinical informatics nurse oversees and facilitates use of current and future clinical information systems and other e-Health initiatives. This role participates in planning, research, development, implementation and evaluation of clinical systems and services within the Allegheny Health Network. The clinical informatics nurse works through all phases of system development to effectively meet the best practice standards established for the use of an electronic health record and ensures that information systems are consistent with professional standards and evidenced-based practice.
- Responsible for oversight for clinical process redesign, metric design and consultative services for the electronic health record and other e Initiatives. Acts as a translator between IT and clinicians to facilitate design.
- Conducts current and future state analyses with clinical and non-clinical stakeholders; analyzes complex clinical/operations processes for applicability and appropriateness, and develops an efficient workflow design to facilitate optimal decision making regarding clinical systems.
- Promotes standardization and implementation of best practice initiatives identified by the enterprise; recommends clinical process improvements and clinical system development; and serves as an expert resource for issues related to improving clinical process and workflows utilizing technologies.
- Plans, coordinates and monitors the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned projects associated with clinical systems or other e-Health initiatives.
- Provides ongoing support to assigned clinical areas through consistent & scheduled rounding; preparing for scheduled downtimes; and ''on-call'' per policy.
- Participates in and works collaboratively on various teams and committees in order to provide insight and clarity about clinical processes, workflow redesign and standardization.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, investigation, analysis, training, documentation, and ongoing support of clinical systems and other e-Health initiatives.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and advances in the field of nursing and healthcare informatics.
- Assists in the development and modification of policies and procedures relating to the utilization of the electronic health record including downtime procedures.
- Assists with the development of the educational and training materials and conducts training sessions as needed.
- Travels to ambulatory and inpatient facilities, physician offices, ambulatory centers and medical malls to meet with staff, conduct analysis and support implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Current PA licensure as a professional Registered Nurse
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
- 3-5 years of experience using an EHR in a clinical capacity
- Master Degree in Nursing, Informatics or Certificate in Informatics
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org