The Business Analyst analyzes processes to support business unit needs, conducts impact analyses and
interprets system requirements, and uses Project Management Techniques.
- Analyzes data and processes to develop viable, business-driven and cost-effective solutions: gathers information; tests and probes assumptions; analyzes data; interprets systems requirements, using current and emerging technologies to develop and validate effective solutions; collaborates with system architects and business sponsors, using appropriate analytical testing and/or project management tools; uses appropriate analytic techniques to promote continuous improvement. (20%)
- Uses appropriate project management techniques and methods to produce project deliverables: defines and manages project scope and objectives; develops, maintains, and monitors project plan and deliverables; develops desktop procedures and trainings; defines and manages project scope and objectives to include identification and recommendation of creative and cost effective solutions; conducts and/or oversees pre- and post-implementation review and sign-off; presents project deliverables to appropriate audiences; identifies and implements contingency plans and performs risk management assessments. (20%)
- Develops business solutions to satisfy project goals and objectives. (20%)
- Conducts problem solving resolution and decision making sessions for issues and projects. (20%)
- Promotes a culture of performance excellence by: enhancing job skills through quality process improvement and tools training/certification; participating in process and operational improvement initiatives; building and maintaining effective relationships throughout organization. (20%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field and at least two years of relevant subject matter experience; or High School diploma/Associate's degree and at least four years of relevant subject matter experience.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org