This job manages the process for researching, developing, and documenting key proposal, sales messaging, and training content within a knowledgebase and various document libraries supporting proposal, sales services, and presentation functions. The incumbent is responsible for the development, accuracy. and quality of content used to respond to customer requests or client meetings. Also works with subject matter experts (SMEs) throughout the organization to obtain up-to-date, forward-thinking, and strategic information about complex company products and services. Maintains this information according to an established refresh schedule. Develops process improvement strategies (via people, process, technology) for efficiency and effectiveness of showcasing varying content, across multiple distribution channels and formats.
- Serve as principal content manager and expert in developing and maintaining a knowledgebase for products, processes, and services information used in client-facing messaging materials. This includes writing, editing, and proofing proposal content such as program overviews and questions and answers. Create and update information in the proposal knowledgebase as well as documents used in the sales process such as sales tools, standard proposals, and document templates. Manage best practice editorial and content management processes using the proposal response database. Also includes maintenance of separate presentation library and cataloging all customer strategy collateral for Sales.
- Develop a high level of expertise and depth of knowledge on proposal and messaging content within topics/categories and possess the ability to educate sales messaging or sales on content and/or sources of information available to them. Responsible for cataloguing the information in such a way that enables quick, intuitive access to the content. Create new, strategic content and ways to display content (testimonial boxes, call-out, insights, graphics, etc.). Create new proposal or messaging documents as required to support evolving business and electronic proposal strategy changes. Provide team support and perform back-up of other department initiatives related to proposal or messaging projects.
- Assume a lead role in managing relationships with SMEs and other business partners to proactively ensure the quality and accuracy of the content on an ongoing basis. Interface with subject matter experts (SMEs) at every level of the organization as part of content review and an established expiration cycle. Provide quality review of messaging to ensure accuracy, consistency, appropriate position and competitive differentiation. Support reporting and activities that track data, and measure productivity and quality. Create work products which capture the project findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Possess mastery knowledge of all aspects of software/databases as well as a sound understanding of proposal processes and the Organizaton's products and services. Ensure content within the database is current and communicate a message consistent with the Corporation’s thinking, brand and writing style as well as create an artistic and progressive layout to ensure consistency in that not only meet the objectives of the client, but produce a professional appearance.
- Manage activities focused on administration of software/databases, increasing adoption, utilization, usability and user satisfaction for operational systems and content output. Identify and deliver training / education in support of these activities. Work with vendor partners and lead community of practice with other Highmark service units and sister companies that use software for best practices, assure database integrity as well as appropriate marketing language and overall messaging. Lead efforts to build database capabilities and buy-in for future technology enhancements.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Technical Writing, Public Relations, or English (Substitutions: 6 years of relevant, progressive Marketing, Messaging, Request for Proposal Content management experience in lieu of degree)
- 5 years in Proposal library/database administration (Qvidian preferred) or Proposal Writing
- 5 years in Project Management, Communications, Marketing Communications, Sales Support, or Health Insurance Industry
- 3 years in Healthcare Industry or Process Improvement
- The Association of Record for Bid, Proposal, Business Development, Capture and Graphics Professionals (APMP) Certification
- America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) Certifications
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to thrive in a high-paced, deadline-driven sales environment
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to comprehend complex topics
- Attention to detail and commitment to high quality work standards
- Proactive self-motivation and time-management skills
- Strong writing, editing skills with a the ability to summarize data concisely and clearly in a persuasive, tailored manner
- Strategic thinker with strong customer-centric mindset
- Proven ability to thrive in a team environment and drive results through collaboration
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org