This job requires strong customer service capabilities and ability to work with procurement systems and requisition-to-pay processes to ensure customers across the organization receive a consistent high-level of service and help with their questions, concerns and requests (i.e., Pcard guidance, requisition approval status, purchase orders and invoice processing support). Provides help desk support for internal business clients and external suppliers in accordance to published procurement policies and procedures. Converts approved standard requisitions to purchase orders for delivery of goods and services. Requires interactions with management and teams to improve customer service response times and ensure queries are addressed and resolved in a timely manner; this includes: monitoring and reporting the productivity of help desk work queues and resolution cycle times, periodically surveying customer experiences for improvement opportunities; and liaising with the Procure-to-Pay Process Improvement position on enhancing user experiences with the procurement systems.
- Perform daily processing of purchase requisitions and orders for category-related goods and services on regional and local levels.
- Ensure the goods and services that are requisitioned within their responsibility are supported with appropriate background information and ordered from the contractual supplier under the appropriate contract and applicable terms and conditions.
- Manage and facilitate requisition workflow to ensure respective approvals are applied and policies are followed prior to converting to purchase orders and transmitting to suppliers.
- Provide high quality customer service in communicating purchase order status and acknowledgments to the internal business clients (requestor and/or receiver of goods and services) and addressing purchasing related questions and problems (i.e., order changes, cancellations, expediting, returns, etc.).
- Administer help desk call or online questions on a day to day basis and serve as the first point of contact for all incoming procurement and invoice processing related queries from internal business clients across the organization.
- Provide superior customer service and transactional support for resolving requisition to pay processing issues, policy and compliance related guidance, and handling of other complaints.
- Responsible for capturing and recording complex questions and complaints and escalate to management for resolution when necessary as well as keeping the customer abreast until their initial question is addressed and resolved.
- Ensure timely and accurate information is provided to business customers according to operational standards and protocols.
- Interface with procurement teams and management and periodically survey and review business clients’ feedback to ensure the help desk is meeting goals/objectives and responsibilities.
- Identify opportunities to streamline the help desk process and lead improvement initiatives to keep the customer service function moving toward a best in class environment.
- Liaison with the Procure to Pay Process Improvement position, Finance Business Analysts and Accounts Payable on enhancing user experience with the procurement systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree - Supply Chain Management, Business Administration/Management, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Marketing, Industrial Engineering, or Liberal Arts
- 3 years of experience in a procurement role
- Bachelor's Degree Supply Chain Management, Business Administration/Management, Accounting, or Finance
- Customer service experience
- Knowledge of key operational and current best practices (i.e. Account Payable)
- Effective influencing skills that can be used to build partnerships with internal resources and Highmark Health supply base
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to have expert knowledge of operational policies and procedures
- Strong understanding of process and systems
- Self-confident with an ability to accept and respond to challenges in a positive manner
- Manages change, ambiguity, complexity and drives for results
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org