This job implements and maintains state-of-the-art procurement system applications and processes. Responsible for defining leading practice processes, maintaining procure-to-pay policies, relevant standard templates and supporting tools to drive compliance with standard request-to-pay processes, approved supply arrangements, and identification of new opportunities to increase efficiency. Manages changes across the Organization by communicating and training all affected parties on both standards and tools, as well as promotes leading practices in proactive procurement across the business. Responsible to work with other internal positions to support the development process of common reporting and appropriate tools for performance and compliance monitoring. This position will continuously engage the Manager of Procurement Operations to review procurement performance and key performance indicators and take a leadership role on required actions for improvement.
- Serve as the Organization's Procure-to-Pay subject matter expert, continuously engage with procurement leadership and cross functional business clients to drive best practice adoption, optimized system utilization and continuous process improvement outcomes.
- Develop and maintain profound knowledge of procurement application architecture and data structure relationships to implement and maintain system and process improvements for enabling the source-to-contract and requisition-to-pay processes.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of opportunities for sustainable procurement process standards and quality principles across all functional areas.
- Identify compliance gaps, technology and process improvement opportunities, develop plans to close gaps and implement process improvements.
- Support master data initiatives from the procurement perspective with defining governance procedures and standards for master data set up and maintenance.
- Serve as project lead on complex procurement operations projects. Define and manage project scope and objectives to include identification and recommendation of creative solutions. Analyze complex processes to support procurement areas by making decisions and conducting impact analysis and interpreting system documentation. Develop, maintain and monitor project plans and deliverables.
- Plan, manage and implement system and process changes and help support change management to facilitate project deliverables.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and senior management, including presenting project deliverables to steering committees and project sponsors.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration/Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Marketing, or Industrial Engineering
- 5 years in a Strategic Purchasing/Sourcing role with minimum 3 years of expertise in end to end request-to-pay processes
- Experience with P2P technology and collaborating with multiple internal entities for problem resolution
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)
- Strong influencing skills that can be used to lead teams and build partnerships with internal resources and Highmark Health supply base
- Uses knowledge of procurement best practices and technology to develop/champion best-in-class results
- Ability to identify process efficiency improvements and drive implementation cross-functionally
- Demonstrates the ability to develop, document and maintain processes and methods
- Self-confident with an ability to accept and respond to challenges in a positive manner
- Strategic mindset with strong skill to manage change, ambiguity, complexity and drive for results
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills, effectively presenting complex topics in a concise manner to audiences at various levels and in various sizes
- Broad understanding of business issues, metrics, organizational linkages and customer value
- Strong organizational and analytical skills in addition to project leadership and management skills
- Extensive knowledge of assessing and recommending creative
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org