Workforce Planning Intraday Manager has the ability to contribute major new innovations to the business, and is a strong communicator and networker to build successful working relationships within the organization. This position requires a background in quantitative planning with an ability to think broadly and strategically about scheduling and intraday functionality. This position will experience a wide range of problem solving situations, strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis.
Workforce Planning Intraday Manager will focus on the following areas: Initially assist in creating and structure a scheduling / intraday department for inbound call and offline groups; direct intraday management of scheduling procedures, analysis of real time workload requirements and call routing to manage and maximize efficiency and occupancy while attaining performance and service level requirements; collaborate with key stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement of workforce utilization and service levels; react to changes in daily / weekly / Monthly call volumes and handling times by determining the required staffing level changes to ensure delivery of service levels; be an analytical problem solver who is comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment; demonstrate exceptional customer experience, a high level of dedication, enthusiasm, and motivation and an ability to manage communication and relations with multiple stakeholders.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct the internal support staff within the division directly supporting/enabling the operational tiers to meet or exceed established performance expectations.
- Identify, define and solve problems that are related to supporting operational tiers within division and acts with unlimited problem solving latitude commensurate with level of authority/accountability.
- Establish and monitor processing performance resolution of workflow issues, changing processes, procedures and/or unanticipated volume of transactions, errors and audits, and routinely requires decisive and immediate decision-making to address and resolve the issue.
- Responsible for enforcing and guiding employee performance measurement, and recommending cross training and training programs, contribution to the vision of the future operational capabilities and enhancements and for reducing and eliminating administrative costs of these systems while improving efficiency.
- Provide significant input and direction to the development and evolution of key operational system capabilities by investigating and recommending new processes and techniques for existing systems.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 or more years of management or leadership experience
- 5 years experience with insurance products and industry practices
- 5 years experience presenting and communicating with large audiences
- 5 years experience utilizing various industry laws and regulations.
- 8 + years of overall work experience, 2+ years of people leadership experience, with at least 5 years of Work force Management and Capacity planning management experience including forecasting, scheduling and real-time operations management in a call center environment.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in a relevant field or equivalent experiences
- Excellent planning, time and project management skills with the ability to deal with multiple demands on time and deal with ambiguity
- Advanced analytical skills and be able to provide analysis support on projects and new initiatives
- Innovative and creative in finding solutions/ designing improved methods, systems and processes
- High attention to detail and ability to deep dive and identify root causes of variances
- Ability to provide sound advice and effective communication with stakeholders, and have interest and ability to work on cross-departmental process improvement initiatives and projects
- Understanding of workforce management programs and call routing,(IEX, AVAYA-CMS)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to provide daily oversight and management of the Workforce Management Team (WFM)
- Management of data collection, reporting and analysis of performance and statistics
- Have great enthusiasm for managing and developing teams to deliver strong business results.
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, and coworkers resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Prior experience standing up a WFP scheduling / intraday department a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High standard of professional conduct
- Excellent business writing skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- PC/Mainframe application skills
- Experience in team interactions and team facilitating
- Ability to quickly identify and provide recommendations on issues.
- Solid negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent leadership skills
Referral Bonus: Level 1
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org