Job ID: J138161
Company: Gateway Health Plan
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Jan 8, 2019
I. GENERAL OVERVIEW:
The Pharmacy Coordinator provides front line staff guidance, ensures effective and efficient delivery of Pharmacy call center services. Serves as first line reviewer in monitoring and ensuring adherence to the health plan’s state and federal multiple drug benefit design offerings. This position responds to physician and pharmacy network provider inquiries concerning oral, injectable and infusion medication requests, and drug claim edits/prior authorizations. By reviewing member claims history, clearly defines the medical necessity of non-formulary and prior authorization medication exception requests. Will interact with pharmacy network providers to evaluate, educate and/or assist in addressing denied point of sale prescription claim transitions and coordination of benefits practices/procedures.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Communicate effectively
2. Respond to drug benefit design inquires or exception requests and evaluate/direct daily workflow within the department to include but not limited to:
3. Take necessary steps to perform a complete and accurate evaluation of all non-formulary drug exception requests prior to approval, authorization or claim override
4. Document all authorizations and denials completely and accurately, and in accordance with timelines as defined by state and federal regulations to insure appropriate notification issuance to prescribing physician and impacted member
5. Complete other assigned duties as specified
6. Serve as a resource for technical staff
7. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? No □ Yes □
If yes, indicate the number of direct reports:
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required?
No x Yes □
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org