This job supports the newly created IDFS Finance team and performs financial and business related research and analysis such as the preparation of forecasts and/or analysis of financial reports, records and trends; develops and maintains spreadsheets and databases to facilitate analysis and reporting; and is responsible for conducting and documenting financial analysis projects, specifically as it relates to the overlap of members of the payer and provider systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate effectively. Display effective communication skills.
- Coordinate with other departments, locations, and divisions.
- Communicate with other departments and/or outside agencies to resolve problems.
- Communicate with Management at Highmark, subsidiaries, affiliates, other third parties, etc. as to project status and completion deadlines.
- Advise management of expected outcomes, and recommending ways to improve the outcomes.
- Conduct presentation to all levels of management in order to provide a summary of analysis regarding financial results and trends.
- Communicate with Management as to project status and completion deadlines.
- Perform financial and business related analysis.
- Analyze, evaluate and interpret appropriate financial and statistical data.
- Develop and/or document business policies, conducts special financial and business related studies and cooperate with other departments in the preparation of analyses.
- Conduct financial and business related analyses and research including the preparation of forecasts and/or analysis of trends.
- Analyze financial reports and records.
- Provide reasoning for variances and make recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Advise management of expected outcomes, and recommend ways to improve the outcomes.
- Independently pursue fundamental problem solving and documents the recommendations to management.
- Facilitate analysis and reporting
- Utilize computer to input, retrieve or display accounting information.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets and databases.
- Utilize PC and/or mainframe based systems and software, compile and prepare reports, graphs and charts of data developed.
- Serve as a project lead for special projects within the department.
- Lead and document financial analysis projects including the preparation of ad hoc reports; to include but not limited to; gathering of data, analysis, documentation of findings, and calculation of results and generation of reports for distribution.
- Coordinate activities to ensure the project is advancing properly and to ensure the project is completed within the timeframes established. Included in this process will be communication with Management at Highmark, subsidiaries, affiliates, other third parties, etc. as to project status and completion deadlines.
- Make recommendations based on findings when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 - 10 years of relevant, progressive experience in Accounting and/or Finance
- Experience with various computer applications to include MS Excel and/or MS Access
Referral Bonus: Level 1
This job performs financial and business related research and analysis such as the preparation of forecasts and/or analysis of financial reports, records and trends; develops and maintains spreadsheets and databases to facilitate analysis and reporting; and is responsible for conducting and documenting financial analysis projects.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org