Work at Home, WV
Company :Gateway Health Plan
Job Description :
Responsible for telephonic outreach efforts to members to assess for needs and to assist with accessing care and resources. Works closely with members, providers and other community agencies to proactively coordinate access to health services.
- Communicate effectively by telephone with internal and external sources as needed for collection of medical information to assess and coordinate access to healthcare needs.
- Proficient in the use of computer based technology in order to perform job duties in a remote setting and exhibits a strong working knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Initiate outreach efforts, primarily by telephone, related to targeted preventive health initiatives
- Perform member education functions on the importance of targeted preventive health services
- Recruit, holistically assess and enroll members into Disease Management Programs as appropriate
- Assess opportunity for Case Management intervention and make appropriate referral
- Contact members, providers and community agencies to coordinate access to preventive health services
- Tracks all member and provider contacts in the appropriate computer systems for the purposes of data collection and record keeping
- Contribute to the development and preparation of educational materials for members and providers
- Collaborates with human services providers as well as state agencies in the identification and outreach to members in need of services.
- Participate in the development of outreach programs that are effective, measurable and innovative, with a special emphasis on reaching at-risk members.
- Maintain Community Repository by validating existing information and adding/deleting resources.
- Assumes leadership and responsibility for selected projects
- Strong active listening skills with the ability to act sensitively toward diverse people and situations
- Ability to successfully interact with external customers, peers, colleagues, and management team
- Demonstrate effective time management skills and demonstrate an ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year experience in Community Outreach/Customer Service
- Ability to work from home in the State of WV with high speed internet access
- Bachelor's degree
- Prior experience with the Medical Assistance population and/or Managed Care
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org