Job ID: J111508
Company: Highmark Health
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Apr 3, 2018
Under minimal direction, plans, organizes, supervises and coordinates the activities of the data center operations organization which operates on a twenty four hour, seven day a week schedule. This position is responsible for all operations and functionality of IT division that supports over 50 billion USD claim disbursements 6 million daily transactions, 100+ million pages of output and 20,000 plus users in the US and India. This position is a 3rd shit role.
1. Supervises and directs the work of all data center operations personnel assigned to the incumbent, assigning work, reviewing the performance, and completing employee evaluations; implementing training to meet employee development needs.Assist in initial selection of staff as well as any disciplinary procedures.
2. Monitoring the workflow of batch and online processes through the use of Remote Console and Enterprise Scheduling system.Oversees the successful execution of all production systems, and ensures the timely and accurate resolution of all Incidents with established service level objectives.
3. Detecting and resolving operational, hardware, software and networking deficiencies as they arise.Will coordinate cross functional response teams to resolve production issues that are impacting the Highmark business operations and Business Partner operations.Ensures maximum utilization and availability of all system resources and provides technical assistance to the customer community in relation to any disruptions that may occur.
4. Coordinates with systems administrators who manage new and revised mainframe, mid-range, and server-based systems to provide daily operational support and availability.
5. Manages and coordinates tape library activities including off site tape storage vendor.
6. Gather operational data and produce statistical reports in support of IT.
7. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
High School Diploma
Three (3) to five (5) years experience in any combination of the following:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related computer field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
If yes, indicate the number of direct reports:
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required?
Unusual Working Conditions?
This job requires sitting for extended periods of time. Applicant must be capable of occasional heavy lifting and extended periods of walking when staffing and/or work levels require it.
This job requires the ability to work as a team member. Additionally, this job requires the willingness and ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and may require irregular work hours, holidays and/or weekends.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org