The Lead Decision Support Analyst will join the Advanced Analytics .Medical Management Analytics department. The focus of this role will be to continue to evolve and enhance the analytics and predictive algorithms supporting our Clinical Services teams. This will include incorporation of new data sources (e.g., Social Determinants of Health, EMR data) and new techniques. The Lead Decision Support Analyst is required to synthesize and leverage the large volume and variety of data available to enhance our understanding of individual propensities, population segments, decision points, and outcomes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and foster internal relationships across the corporation. Provide analytic and consultative support to a broad spectrum of internal customer areas and external business partners.
- Mentor colleagues with less experience on both the technical and business aspects of project and consultative work.
- Determines how decision support systems will provide information required to make effective business decisions, translates requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools. Uses broad experience and technical knowledge to propose solutions to complex business problems. Takes the lead in driving the implementation of the recommended solutions.
- Takes the lead in defining issues and ideas to be studied as well as the approach (methodological and technical) to be used in addressing studies and projects. Creates and/or develops new methods of analysis, database design and performance measurement or, in some cases, adaptation of existing solutions to new areas.
- Performs modeling of data sources and flows, works with data management staff to define an operational framework that will define, develop and implement policies and security frameworks to ensure precise and secure deliver of knowledge and information.
- Provides assistance and, depending on skill and experience, leads with interpretation of raw data, statistical results or otherwise compiled information, identify follow-up action items and prepare or assist in the preparation of written reports and/or oral presentation of findings to internal and external audiences, customer managers, clinical staff, compliance agencies, group accounts, providers, agent plans, and brokers.
- Develops and maintains moderate- to extremely-complex computer programs using 4GL programming languages (such as SAS, R, SQL) and other database technology (DB2, Teradata, and Oracle).
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- A four-year bachelor's in or related to Computer/Information Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, ,Industrial Engineering or Operations Research or related field.
- 7 years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization, including experience in leading projects of varying size and complexity. Grandfathered experience requirement effective August 2016
- Experience with Health care data
- Experience with SAS and SQL
- Expertise with BI tools such as Tableau and Cognos
- Ability to translate business needs and requirements into analytical and computational requirements
- Knowledge of healthcare and health insurance sectors. Knowledge of various healthcare data sources; claims, clinical EMR, labs, consumer, and demographic
- Understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, clustering and classification techniques and recommendation and optimization algorithms
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects with multiple teams
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality insights in a variety of timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to solve business problems and find patterns and insights with structured and unstructured data
Referral Award Payout Level: 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org