- Contract management for vendors applicable to the Healthcare Management Services (HMS) department and other departments supported by HMS. Ensure vendor services meet business needs and timely vendor payment. Tracking vendor contracts and terms. Coordinating customized client requests applicable to vendor services. Investigating and resolving client complaints / issues applicable to vendor performance. Representing the HMS department as a subject matter expert applicable to vendors in regards to projects with other departments such CCR, Sales, Product Development and others.
- Manage business functions / processes such as coordinating client invoicing, pricing health promotion products and services, acting as a subject manner expert in responding to complex client RFPs, identifying opportunities and implementing solutions to improve efficiency or reduce cost, and other projects that may be assigned.
- Budget management for HMS and other departments supported by HMS. Ensure budget data is accurately entered into Highmark’s budget system by applicable target dates, monitor monthly actual versus budget reports to identify reason for variances and to determine if corrective action is needed, servicing as a subject matter expert for cost center owners in regards to helping them understand implication of decisions to budget results. Candidate will also coordinate and help resolve issues with Accounts Payable and purchase orders.
- Candidates may work on projects as a sole contributor or as part of a team. Projects may range from low / moderate to complex. Senior level candidates will manage more complex projects, serve as a team lead on group projects, and require minimal direct manager supervision. Associate level candidates will manage low to moderate projects and require regular direct manager supervision.
1. Manage contracts applicable to HMS vendors including negotiations, contract development and renewal, and financial reimbursement. Act as the intermediary between Highmark and vendors. Document vendor compliance with key contract terms / requirements.
2. Review vendor invoices to ensure accuracy, compliance with contractual terms and that desired services were performed.
3. Manage business aspects applicable to the sale of health promotion products and services to Highmark clients. This includes establishing pricing, ensuring products and services sold to clients meet expectations and invoicing clients in a timely manner. Also includes serving as a consultant applicable to client RFP responses and evaluating appropriateness of new products / services that may be offered to clients.
4. Manage the budget function for HMS and other Health Affairs departments supported by HMS. Includes managing Purchase Orders and compliance with Accounts Payable guidelines, entering data into the Highmark budget system consistent with senior management direction, monitoring monthly actual versus budget reports, and serving as a consultant applicable to budget issues with senior management.
5. Manage projects within the constraint of scope, quality, time and cost to deliver specified requirements and meet customer satisfaction.
6. Promotes a culture of performance excellence by:
- Enhancing job skills through quality process improvement and tools training / certification
- Participating in process and operational improvement initiatives
- Building and maintaining effective relationships throughout organization to advance Performance Excellence
7. Communicates effectively with customers and colleagues
- Successfully articulates issues, problems and solutions
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- BS / BA degree or higher in Finance or Business
- Experience in a business environment dealing with budgets, invoicing, accounting / finance, contract management, process flows and / or strategic planning
- History / experience in managing complex projects and working as a team lead with minimal direct supervision
- Prior experience in Risk Adjustment
- Prior experience in Healthcare Industry
- Prior experience in coding or clinical environment
Preferred Candidates will have following knowledge and skill sets:
- Ability to think and act independently – assume ownership of projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills – both listening as well as verbal and written communications
- Understanding of Finance, Accounting, Procurement, and / or Systems
- Ability to quickly grasp and understand new concepts and ideas
- Logical thought process – ability to identify all the steps needed to achieve desired objectives
- Interact with multiple levels from non-exempt to executive management
- Consultative skills such as envisioning a desired outcome and developing solutions to achieve that outcome.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org