This job oversees the copy voice across all channels and media. The incumbent is a member of the Senior Creative Team and will manage Mgr Copy Writing, Creative Writers, Editors and Proofreaders. Provides leadership, vision and strategy as well as conceptual and executional excellence. The incumbent must be a big idea thinker, problem solver, inspirational leader and highly skilled crafter of words who is flexible in writing for multiple clients, in varying mediums. Ensures quality of content, tone of brand voice and style to meet the marketing strategies and objectives.
- Perform management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Provide strategy, including concept development, writing and directing campaign copy. Work collaboratively with Senior Creative Team to deliver best-in-class creative solutions that supports the strategy's objectives
- Lead the copy team and establish timelines, priorities, procedures and guidelines for the departments. This team produces written content for marketing, sales, education and service communications including but not limited to case studies, web landing pages, blog posts, white papers, direct mailers, instruction guides, sales brochures, testimonials, enrollment materials, newsletters, print advertisements, emails and member letters. Deliver operational efficiency and high quality work product. Establish departmental processes and procedures, evaluating the overall flow and quality of work, ensuring all products of the department meet quality standards and customer objectives. Revise and improve processes as necessary to streamline workflow and adapt to a constantly evolving corporate communications environment and organizational structure.
- Maintain a strong business knowledge. Effectively partner with the business to understand the strategy, objectives and communications services needs. Maintain an ability to translate strategy into actionable priorities. Ensure staff is focused on understanding the business first and foremost.
- Ensure compliance to required business procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Advertising, Journalism or Creative Writing
- 6 years of Copy Direction experience in an Advertising/Marketing agency or large in-house creative services department in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Master's Degree in Advertising, Journalism or Creative Writing
- 7 - 10 years in Marketing Communications
- 7 - 10 years in Leadership
- 5 - 7 years in Advertising
- 5 - 7 years in Creative Services
- 5 - 7 years in Mangement
- 5 - 7 years in Process Improvement
- 3 - 5 years in Digital Marketing
- 3 - 5 years in Print Services
- 3 - 5 years in Strategic Planning
- 1 - 3 years in the Healthcare Industry
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Copywriting and Editing
- Process Development & Oversight
- Creative Briefs
- Direct Mail
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Agile Project Management
- Campaign Management
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org