Job ID: J108394
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Feb 21, 2018
Support leadership of Highmark Health Services with a range of strategy activities essential to Highmark's membership and margin goals. Strategy Analysts provide analytical/strategic-thinking and leadership support that enables project teams to: 1) isolate business issues; 2) help design and execute analytics for studying business issues (market research, scenario planning, forecasting, market share, profitability, etc.); 3) develop technical content (competitive intelligence, market trend analysis); 4) support development of formal recommendations to senior levels of Highmark leadership; 5) help create document components (go-to-market or operational strategies, etc.) that inform critical strategic issues and decisions.
The department plays a key role in helping accelerate the health plans’ business unit strategy to transition members and patients throughout the healthcare delivery system. Highmark is developing this core capability to support the enterprise focus five, including customer value creation and sustainable growth as well as the health plan’s evolving product and network strategies. While this capability was first necessitated by the impending end of the certain provider contracts, it will soon be leveraged in other key initiatives such as aligning members to PCPs, encouraging member adoption of local market partnership products, managing competitive dynamics, or driving new site of care campaigns. This department will work closely with leaders from Allegheny Health Network, the Highmark Health Plan, and the parent organization including key partners in Sales, Clinical Affairs, Operations, Provider, Product, Marketing, Government Affairs, Compliance, and Legal.
1. Work with business/ market owners to identify key business issues, articulate problem, apply right analytical framework, develop solution and recommendations, represent findings to stakeholders and own the outcome
2. Under the guidance of Strategy Consultants and HHS Leadership, participate in / lead small to medium sized strategy projects/ work streams with the help of internal or external strategy consulting resources
3. Serve as subject matter expert (resource) to staff and stakeholders on membership, growth and operational strategy issues
4. Provide periodic informal work guidance/direction to other team members; Provide performance input and recommendations to management for development/ training plans. May have supervisory responsibilities on a project basis
5. Apply a broad knowledge of concepts and principles to develop analytical frameworks, approach and methodology best practices to analyze complex strategy issues, often applying ingenuity and originality to develop unique solutions
6. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Employee Referral Level - 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org