Job ID: J105496
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Jun 19, 2018
Within area of expertise takes a lead role to (application, solution, information, technology, business) design, develop, implement, support, and optimize more complex architecture strategy to meet business capabilities and needs. Takes a lead role to ensure completeness of more complex architecture by adequately addressing all the pertinent concerns of its stakeholders. Ensures integrity of more complex architecture by connecting various views of stakeholders, reconciling conflicting concerns, and showing the trade-offs made in so doing. Considers practicality and fitness for purpose in determining architecture to develop. Leverages business and technology knowledge to enable and/or alter business processes, practices, organizations and systems. Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and best in class industry business trends and practices. May take on role of Project Lead for special assignments. May mentor less experienced team members.
1. Takes a lead role to provide strategic consultation to business customers in defining or designing more complex business processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling technologies based on customer capability requirements. Facilitates development of more complex enterprise business solutions that combine knowledge of particular business processes and issues, general technological options, and process facilitation techniques. Participates in more complex enterprise strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and business innovation portfolio development.
2. Takes a lead role to specify and design large or more complex systems, solutions, networks, infrastructure elements, or processes. Selects appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensures that they are applied effectively. Reviews others’ system design to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology. Establishes policy for selection of more complex architecture components. Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on more complex major design options. Ensures that the system architecture balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
3. Uses appropriate tools, including models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of more complex architectures. Takes a lead role to produce detailed component requirements, specifications and translates these into detailed solutions/designs for implementation using selected products. Provides advice on technical aspects of system development, integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and processes. Ensures that relevant technical and business strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
4. Selects and uses more complex tools and methods to establish, clarify, and communicate the functional and non-functional requirements of system users, their characteristics, and tasks. Takes a lead role to identify the technical, organizational, and physical environment in which more complex products or systems will operate. Identifies, proposes, initiates, and leads significant improvement programs, taking responsibility for the quality and appropriateness of the work performed and the realization of measurable business benefits. Modifies existing process improvement approaches and/or develops new approaches to achieving improvement.
5. Takes a lead role to ensure the resolution of a variety of more complex architecture and business problems and serves as a technical or business lead for highly complex project initiatives.
6. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific technical aspects in area of expertise and provides expert advice regarding their application. The area of specific expertise may be any aspect of information or communication technology, technique, method, process, product, or application area of a more complex nature.
7. Takes a lead role in providing leadership and mentoring in the areas of expertise and architecture to their peers, developers, management and business users including technical expertise, coaching, and ad-hoc training by:
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
*Grandfathered degree requirements effective July 2014
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
An Architect is not required to have experience in all of these, but is required to have those needed to support applications they are responsible for supporting. Current skill set are reviewed every other year, new skills may be required to meet changing business needs.
IMS, DB2, Oracle and Teradata Databases, Data Warehousing
COBAL, Visual Basic, C C++, SAS
PEGA, CSS3, Mobile, JSON, Cognos, Hadoop, SQL, J2EE, HTML5/XML
Project Management Tools:
Certification in application areas such as:
DB2, Cogno, PEGA, Enterprise
Architect (SCEA), Project Management
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org