Assists physicians and extenders in providing proper medical and clerical support for the various orthopaedic practice locations.
- Performs various related procedures including but not limited to wound care, dressings, EKGs, removal of sutures/staples, application/removal of orthopaedic casts/splints, and drawing up injections, vaccines, botox, phlebotomy for PRP and assisting with ultrasound procedures.
- Assists in the coordination of patient care under the supervision of the assigned health care provider.
- Prepares and rooms patients within the clinical practice setting according to documenting patient health information, history and medications. Accurately interviews patients and orders radiographs according to physician protocols.
- Accurately documents all pertinent details in the electronic health record (EHR) according to established standards and work flows including all pertinent patient interactions as the time of the encounter in the correct EHR note type. Reviews, updates and reconciles medication list in the EHR. Reviews the problem list, social history, medical surgical history and pain assessment with the patient and updates the record. Follows Meaningful Use standards.
- Able to function as a scribe to the physician when needed to maintain clinic work flow.
- Perform chart management tasks by obtaining diagnostic reports and reviewing charts for completion. Scans pertinent findings from outside information to physicians and staff as necessary.
- Educates patients on proper wound and pin care, cast care and postoperative care.
- Assists with patient prescription needs based on established protocols.
- Requires travel to various satellite locations to support assigned physician(s).
- Performs other duties as assigned when needed.
- Three months of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with cast application, adjustment and removal, suture/staple removal and dressing changes
- Valid PA driver’s license
- Graduate of a medical assistant program
- 2 years outpatient clinical experience
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org