This job is responsible for leading the creative direction of the enterprise to support the business and brand needs of the health system, health plan and corporate functions. The incumbent will drive the creative output of the creative design studio as part of an in-house agency model, collaborating with multimedia, copywriting and production teams. Produces industry-leading creative work that makes an emotional connection with customers. Sets direction for the creative team and processes; the conceptualization, presentation and execution of client branding and marketing communications campaigns; the creative quality of client projects; and the staffing and capabilities of the creative team.
- Inspires the creative direction of the enterprise. Acts as the brand's design philosophy champion and custodian for multiple business unit marketing and branding efforts. Drives the creative process as a leader of a creative team, and as a member of the business leadership team. Sets the strategic direction for the design studio. Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Manages people leaders. Directs the activities and professional development of creative team managers, supervisors and leads including conducting staff reviews, building career paths, fostering matrix teamwork, taking corrective actions and recommending promotions. Partners with strategic marketing and account management to design and deliver the overall solution. Performs management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
- Mentors and creatively inspires staff. Studies the creative marketplace, assessing where the creative design studio work stands against competitors’, as well as our clients’ competitors’ creative work. Drives constant improvement in the studio's creative quality and capabilities. Ensures that the studio stays abreast of trends in graphic design techniques and technologies. Raises the bar on our work product and fosters creativity through creative consultations and reviews. Participates in the pitch process.
- Delivers operational efficiencies and high quality work product. Resolves issues with matrix partners and project intake. Through this collaboration, assures that deliverables are on time, compliant, professional, engaging, persuasive and supported by a sound rationale. Achieves targets for a competitive in-house blended rate. Ensures the staff adheres to established processes and uses approved tools.
- Focused on business needs. Understands the enterprise's strategic goals and brands and recommends solutions; regularly analyzes the creative team, environment, processes, technologies, etc., to determine areas needing improvement; and builds and directs a creative function aligned with and supportive of those goals. Aligns the creative approaches across the enterprise's brands. Listening, asking, hearing, prioritizing and translating client situation, marketing goals and information into strategic brand concepts, voice, messages and rationales.
- Delivers top-rate customer service. Sets expectations and standards (builds a culture) for creative team attitude, behavior, teamwork, continuous improvement and professional development. Assures that timely and informative communication takes place between the creative function and the business partner team and clients. Leads accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor's Degree – Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Marketing or related field
Substitutions (Acceptable substitutions in lieu of a degree 1 ½ years’ experience = 1 year college)
6 years' of experience
- 10 years' of combined experience in an agency or corporate graphic department leading design teams
- 5 years' experience with managing creative schedules, delegating assignments and managing resources to meet production deadlines
- Experience in interaction design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process
- Experience building an in-house creative agency or transforming a design team
- Experience in creative design for hospital or health systems, health care services or health plans
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggling multiple projects, priorities and deadlines for multiple customers
- Has created award-winning creative design solutions
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org