Job ID: J113336
Company: HM Health Solutions Inc.
Location: Camp Hill, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Feb 9, 2018
• Provides application development direction within a defined project. May provide guidance, direction in gathering requirements and supplemental specifications for new applications or analyzes change requests/enhancements in existing applications. May also review the requirements and supplemental specifications for accuracy, completeness and ensure they meet the business needs of the customers.
• Provides direction for projects and may also set technical direction, divisionally, for the use of application technologies, tools, processes and procedures.
• May provide guidance on the identification, documentation and resolution of risks, defects and issues throughout the project lifecycle. Accountable to provide project status management at various levels of the organization including the participation in Executive Steering Committee, Leadership and Advisory Committee and Program Management meetings.
1. Work with customers, application developers, architects and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality business solutions. Involved in the full systems lifecycle and is responsible for creation and maintenance of project lifecycle documents/deliverables (vision document, supplemental specifications, testing plan, testing schedule, testing scenarios, testing outcomes, approvals)
2. Provide assistance and/or lead application development project deliverables – e.g. vision document, supplemental specifications, testing plan, testing schedule, testing scenarios, testing outcomes, approvals
3. Manage job and project requirements so that projects are completed on time and within budget. May be accountable for the review of documentation such as design documents, architecture and flow diagrams.
4. Provide expert business and/or technical support for both project and production related activities.
5. Assure compliance to required standards
6. Interfaces with the business areas, technical staff and project teams to drive value. This includes providing alternative solutions with maximum benefits while reducing cost (e.g. cost benefit analysis, pros/cons of solutions)
7. May assist in the identification and resolution of complex UAT defects to ensure minimal production and UAT defects are realized. May interface closely with the business and technical staff on the team during all phases of the project, including unit and system testing, integration and UAT testing culminating with implementation checkout and post implementation support depending on the complexity of effort.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required
• 7 – 10 years of experience in Information Technology
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1) Analyze data processes, business processes and interfaces to support the operational business areas.
• Conduct and document impact analysis to aid in decision making.
2) Utilize project management methodologies to produce project deliverables.
• Assists in development of desktop procedures and training.
• Act in a consultative capacity.
• Contribute to definition of project scope and objectives.
• Participate and/or Coordinate release procedures and processes.
• Helps to answer project deliverable questions.
• Assists with various levels of testing including acceptance and regression testing.
• Interacts with other departments throughout the corporation.
• Assist in the Development, maintenance and monitoring of project plans and deliverables to include but not limited to:
o Requirements Documents
o Design documents
o Issue management
o System defects
o Test Plans
3) Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Identify and articulate problems to team members as appropriate.
• Attend functional walk-throughs to address questions or concerns.
• Develop business solutions to satisfy project goals and objectives.
• Conduct/participate in problem solving resolution and decision making sessions.
4) Provide adhoc job training to include:
• New system functionality.
• Desktop procedures and on-line help.
• Development of training materials.
• Coach, consult and mentor team members.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? No x
Is Travel Required?
This job requires the ability to work as a team member. Additionally, this job requires the willingness and ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and may require irregular work hours, holidays and/or weekends.
Note: Job duties and responsibilities support separation of duties across multiple users
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org