The Senior Decision Support Analyst –Analytics Consultant- works closely with providers and programmers to define, prioritize and deliver performance information. This position defines the business requirements of our provider reporting and then translates the output into highly actionable information that will drive provider performance in our pay-for-value programs. Responsible for influencing external partner engagement with our programming. Problem solve through data investigations of questions that limit provider outcomes. Gather information and make recommendations to drive reporting innovation. Performs an educational function for various internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and foster internal relationships across the corporation. Provide analytic and consultative support to a broad spectrum of internal customer areas and external business partners.
- Mentor colleagues with less experience on both the technical and business aspects of project and consultative work.
- Determines how decision support systems will provide information required to make effective business decisions, translates requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools. Uses broad experience and technical knowledge to propose solutions to complex business problems. Takes the lead in driving the implementation of the recommended solutions.
- Takes the lead in defining issues and ideas to be studied as well as the approach (methodological and technical) to be used in addressing studies and projects. Creates and/or develops new methods of analysis, database design and performance measurement or, in some cases, adaptation of existing solutions to new areas.
- Performs modeling of data sources and flows, works with data management staff to define an operational framework that will define, develop and implement policies and security frameworks to ensure precise and secure deliver of knowledge and information.
- Provides assistance and, depending on skill and experience, leads with interpretation of raw data, statistical results or otherwise compiled information, identify follow-up action items and prepare or assist in the preparation of written reports and/or oral presentation of findings to internal and external audiences, customer managers, clinical staff, compliance agencies, group accounts, providers, agent plans, and brokers.
- Develops and maintains moderate- to extremely-complex computer programs using 4GL programming languages (such as SAS, R, SQL) and other database technology (DB2, Teradata, and Oracle).
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- A four-year bachelor's in or related to Computer/Information Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, ,Industrial Engineering or Operations Research or related field.
- Possesses 5 or more years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization.
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency as a consultant, data analyst or clinician.
- Strong communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting findings and offering recommendations to outside parties.
- Strong skills using various third-party office and report generation products such as Excel, Tableau, PowerPoint, Cognos, or SAS.
- Strong technical skills in the mainframe, PC and Internet-based technologies to be effective and must be comfortable and proficient using large and complex databases.
- An advanced degree in or related to Information Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics
Referral Award Payout Level: 3
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org