Job ID: J117199
Company: Caring Foundation
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Feb 12, 2018
I. GENERAL OVERVIEW:
Support children and their families by providing peer support group programs, ongoing staff support, educational resources, and referral services. Provide education and volunteer opportunities to individuals, businesses and organizations in the communities served by the Caring Place facilities. Provide education and consultation services to community leaders, professionals, organizations, and businesses who serve or work with children. Build lasting partnerships increasing the opportunity for collaboration on initiatives that impact the community. Raise awareness of the impact of death on children and their need for support.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plan and implement introductory and ongoing peer support sessions for grieving children and their families.
2. Plan and implement specialized programs designed to raise awareness and provide additional support to participants of the Caring Place peer support programs as well as to their extended families members..
3. Plan and implement or support a comprehensive volunteer program including recruitment, training, recognition, and retention components.
4. Plan and implement or support an ongoing outreach and education strategy to generate family participants, volunteers and community partnerships.
5. Conduct thorough assessments to determine family’s level of appropriateness for the Caring Place program and/or need for other community services.
6. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (This section describes additional preferred characteristics)
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org