This job possesses an expert understanding of retirement benefits (DB and DC) administration requirements and will provide guidance to ensure customer and regulatory requests and requirements are met with a high degree of accuracy and reliability. Requires strong analytic skills including the ability to review and analyze large quantities of data to ensure accuracy and completeness, often under challenging deadlines and must be extremely detail oriented. Supervises specialists (Retirement), supports all enterprise business areas and performs and ensures employee transaction fulfillment and escalation within the HR Services Center and with the Practice Area. The incumbent provides project and analytical oversight to administer and evaluate employee benefit plan administration, as well as responds to eligibility and participation inquiries pertaining to retirement benefits programs. Conducts benefit plan audits with internal and external auditors, coordinate with vendors, and work closely with the Tier 3 Retirement Team and T3 Executive Total Rewards Team to implement changes and improvements to benefit programs as appropriate. Establishes administrative procedures, controls and requirements to ensure the successful documentation and delivery of preferred services. Partners with T3 to co-develop vendor RFP's, review and participate in vendor selection dialog. Partners with T3, by providing critical thinking input to customer-sensitive implementation plans.
- Perform management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Hold team members accountable for completing documents/deliverables based on customer commitments.
- Conduct daily oversight and management of the T2 Retirement Operational Plan which includes working side by side with the T2 Retirement team members to accomplish all deliverables. Act as a working supervisor to assist in handling all T2 Retirement critical work, business as usual deliverables and special projects to ensure timely response to customers, peers and external vendors.
- Develop team member capabilities with a focus on reducing overall cost, improving quality and improving delivery time. Assess talent and provide regular, constructive feedback. Coordinate day-to-day activities of team, level resources, assign priorities.
- Meet customer commitments on-time and within expected budgets. Ensure customer satisfaction levels remain high from both internal staff and external vendors/providers.
- Regularly assess current state of services and proactively identify areas of opportunity for improvement. Serve as an escalation point for customer service fulfillment requests. Drive process design and fulfillment activities for the functional area. Define, develop and deliver operational metrics for the operating performance of the functional areas. Maintain departmental programs, systems documentation and procedures in a current and detailed manner.
- Identify and escalate key issues, risks, roadblocks in delivering customer services. Develop and manage plans related to new projects and BA activities. Coordinate and lead team meetings. Coordinate activities with T3 Retirement Practice Area team members and 3rd party providers. Provide input to continually improve Tier 1 capability related Benefits. Manage timing of team and regulatory deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management
- 6 years progressive and related experience in lieu of Bachelor degree.
- Master's Degree in Human Resources Management
- 5 - 7 years in Benefits Administration (i.e., 401(k), 403(b) and other Retirement Plans)
- 1 - 3 years in Management
- 1 - 3 years of proficiency with MS Office Suite
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Preferred (any of the following)
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR)
- Sr. Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS)
- Knowledge of ERISA, DOL regulations, 5500 filings
- Strong written and oral communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong experience with Non-Qualified Retirement plans (e.g. Deferred Compensation and 457 Plans)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while delivering quality results, managing multiple tasks and shifting priorities.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with regards to work processes and employee information
- Basic project management skills
- Strong problem solving skills with emphasis on detail
- Experience leading a team and mentoring others
- Experience working in a matrix environment
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org