Job ID: J117803
Company: Highmark Health
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
This position performs financial and business related research and analysis such as the preparation of forecasts and/or analysis of financial reports, records and trends; develops and maintains spreadsheets and databases to facilitate analysis and reporting; and is responsible for conducting and documenting financial analysis projects.
1. Communicate effectively. This position displays effective communication skills while performing the following functions:
• Coordinates with other departments, locations, and divisions.
• Communication with other departments and/or outside agencies to resolve problems.
• Communication with Management at Highmark, subsidiaries, affiliates, other third parties, etc. as to project status and completion deadlines.
• Advising management of expected outcomes, and recommending ways to improve the outcomes.
• Conducting presentation to all levels of management in order to provide a summary of analysis regarding financial results and trends.
• Communication with Management as to project status and completion deadlines.
2. Performs financial and business related analysis
• Analyzes, evaluates and interprets appropriate financial and statistical data.
• Develops and/or documents business policies, conducts special financial and business related studies and cooperates with other departments in the preparation of analyses.
• Conducts financial and business related analyses and research including the preparation of forecasts and/or analysis of trends.
• Analyzes financial reports and records.
• Provide reasoning for variances and make recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
• Advising management of expected outcomes, and recommend ways to improve the outcomes.
• Independently pursues fundamental problem solving and documents the recommendations to management.
3. Facilitation of analysis and reporting
• Utilizes computer to input, retrieve or display accounting information.
• Develops and maintains spreadsheets and databases.
• Utilizing PC and/or mainframe based systems and software, compiles and prepares reports, graphs and charts of data developed.
• Serves as a project lead for special projects within the department.
• Leading and documenting financial analysis projects including the preparation of ad hoc reports; to include but not limited to; gathering of data, analysis, documentation of findings, and calculation of results and generation of reports for distribution.
• Coordinating activities to ensure the project is advancing properly and to ensure the project is completed within the timeframes established.
• Included in this process will be communication with Management at Highmark, subsidiaries, affiliates, other third parties, etc. as to project status and completion deadlines.
• Make recommendations based on findings when necessary.
5. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree is required for all levels
•5 + years of experience in Accounting and/or Finance
• Experience with various computer applications to include MS Excel and/or MS Access
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong relationship building skills.
• Client focused with strong business acumen.
• Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to think strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units.
• Strong innovative problem-solving capabilities.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org