Job ID: J118350
Company: Highmark Inc
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Mar 2, 2018
The Manager Data Analytics – Big Data is responsible for growing the department’s staff of data engineers by coaching, mentoring and hiring practices to build a high performing team. The incumbent will manage a blend of contract vs. full-time staff to achieve departmental goals as well as act as a change agent and pioneer for overall adoption of new technologies and approaches to Big Data Analytics. The incumbent will lead the Health Plan Payor Advanced Analytics and Reporting team’s strategy, roadmap, engineering and adoption of Hadoop and Big Data technologies. Leveraging all current and emerging technologies and tools (both open source, and traditional) to increase the number of production-grade use cases up and running on the new technology stack.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
2. Performs management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
3. Provides leadership for analytic efforts, including complex studies, simulations, testing, etc. to solve unique problems or questions identified by executive management and various business unit partners.
4. Develops and implements business plans, policies, and procedures related to providing business intelligence solutions. Manage implementation and administration of business intelligence reporting tools.
5. Monitors and report out to management on the status of departmental projects: anticipates and identifies issues that could inhibit achieving the project goals and objectives, and implementing corrective actions and mitigation strategies.
6. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Referral Award Payout Level: 3
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org