May perform any or all of the following functions in addition to monitoring other associates in the absence of supervisor. Prepares and serves meals to patients, employees, visitors, and catering customers. Maintains sanitation of equipment and work areas. Receives and disburses money for food service; operates registers and other related equipment; assists with providing food service to customers. Washes all china, silverware, pots, and pans used in preparation or service of food to patients, cafeteria customers, and guests.
- Utilizes proper food handling, portioning and food storage techniques according to departmental standards/policies and regulatory guidelines. Maintains, assembles and stocks adequate levels of food items, products and supplies. (20%)
- Performs register duties required to process customers according to procedures. Communicates cafeteria menu, specials, and pricing. (20%)
- Performs dish room/pot room duties as assigned in a timely, organized manner to supply clean supplies as needed. (20%)
- Disposes of trash according to procedures; cleans and sanitizes containers to ensure that department and agency sanitation guidelines and regulations are met. (20%)
- Maintains sanitation and safety standards according to departmental and regulatory agency requirements. (10%)
- Supports management in coordination of daily activities. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned and required.
- High school diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- 3-5 years’ food service experience.
- Basic computer and math skills and the ability to count money bags and make change.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org