Job ID: J119039
Company: HM Health Solutions Inc.
Location: Wilkes-Barre, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Apr 9, 2018
Assists in providing less complex application development services typically as part of a project team or in an application support role. Developers assist, analyze, design, code, test and implement less complex systematic solutions to meet customer requirements that adhere to Highmark IT standards and policies. Developers assist in providing less complex general support to maintain applications that meet the service levels, system availability, performance and quality levels required by their customers.
1. Responsible for assisting in analyzing, designing, coding, testing and implementing less complex application enhancements, as well as providing general production support, meeting defined scope, target dates and budgets with minimal or no defects.
2. Utilizes and participates in the full system less complex development life cycle, per current Highmark SDLC standards.
3. Assists in collaborating with customers, business analysts, partners, and IT team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Concentrates on providing less complex innovative solutions to business needs.
4. Assists in providing required technical support, including release implementations, on-call and 24x7 supports when necessary.
5. Performs work in compliance with all Highmark and Highmark IT standards, policies and procedures.
6. Assists and actively participates on project teams in various project roles, including, but not limited to, Developer, Technical Lead and Project Manager, based upon level of experience.
7. Effectively communicates with team members, customers, partners and management, including assisting with or conducting less complex technical walkthroughs, reporting project status, enabling [facilitating? Promoting?] Vendor solutions and providing accurate and concise documentation.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
Licenses or Certifications:
Work Experience to include:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
A Developer is not required to have experience in all of these, but is required to have those needed to support applications they are responsible for supporting. Current skill sets are reviewed approximately every other year; new skills may be required to meet changing business needs.
IMS, DB2, Oracle and Teradata Databases, Data Warehousing
COBOL, Visual Basic, C C++, SAS
PEGA, CSS3, Mobile, JSON, Cognos, Hadoop, SQL, J2EE, HTML5/XML, Business Object, .net
Project Management Tools:
Certification in application areas such as:
DB2, Cogno, PEGA, Enterprise Architect(SCEA), Project Management, Certified Quality Analyst (CQA), Scrum Master Certification, Lean/Six Sigma
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? No x
Is Travel Required?
Note: Job duties and responsibilities support separation of duties across multiple users
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org