Job ID: J119930
Company: United Concordia Companies Inc
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Apr 13, 2018
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for leading a team of Account Executives in servicing and potential expansion of business within existing UCD accounts. The incumbent is responsible for meeting/exceeding retention, persistency and profitability goals for his/her assigned region. Additionally, the Director, Account Service functions as a back-up to his/her Division Vice President, Sales.
• A high school diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 5 years of sales or account experience in insurance industry or employee benefits
• A minimum of 3 years of prior management experience within sales or account servicing
• A minimum of 5 years of experience using MS Office personal computer based word processing, spreadsheet, and end user reporting software
• Appropriate Department of Insurance licensure for the assigned region is required or ability to obtain within 45 days of hire
• Ability to undertake regular travel throughout the assigned area
• A valid driver’s license
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
• A Bachelors or Masters degree
• 9 years of prior sales or account service experience in employee benefits industry
• 6 years of prior management experience
• Strong customer orientation/focus
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong negotiation, influencing and presentation skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong organizational skills
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Driving Account Retention and Profitability within assigned region:
• Oversee and coach Account Executives on account servicing activities
• Provide the tools, resources and support to help each Account Executive meet or exceed his/her retention, persistency and profitability goals.
• Assist each Account Executive to identify growth opportunities within existing client base.
• Generate new ideas, create competitive advantages and evaluate/select strategies to increase retention, persistency and profitability.
• If assigned a book of business, performing all servicing and renewal activities while meeting or exceeding retention, persistency and profitability goals
2. Retention & Growth strategy:
• Develop region-wide retention priorities and objectives and develop/refine territorial retention plans in alignment with corporate strategies.
• Collaborate with the marketing department to conduct market opportunity assessments to increase market penetration.
• Work with Account Executives to document competitive information and market insights to assist in strategy discussions.
• Participate in the development of new products and the planning of corporate-wide sales strategy.
• Develop and implement strategies to increase account satisfaction
• Identify and implement strategy to target and retain potential key accounts in jeopardy of termination
• Develop, maintain and enhance relationships with brokers and consultants.
3. Management of Account Executive Staff
• Recruit, train and develop a high performing Account Executive team.
• Interview and select candidates following recruitment guidelines
• Complete annual employee performance appraisals and provide regular coaching and feedback to Account Executives
• Train/coach/mentor staff as necessary
• Engage in developmental discussions with staff on a regular basis
• Provide on-the-job training and education to service staff regarding product knowledge, employer and employee benefit needs, and industry trends.
4. Management Administrative Duties:
• Participate in annual planning and budgeting activities
• Conduct/participate in customer audits
• Perform detailed fact finding, analysis, documentation, and management of persistency/retention/profitability information
• Provide reports to show progress and levels of activity toward attaining retention, persistency and profitability goals in assigned territory
• Act as a Dental Insurance expert and consultant to the UCD staff and producers.
• Participate on teams and committees to develop and recommend strategies related to product development, pricing, marketing, etc.
The Director, Account Service is also responsible for documenting service, expense and related activity as appropriate.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org