This job, as the leader of the Business Operations organization, helps ensure that we are employing best practices throughout Highmark Health Solutions via establishing standards, routines and checkpoints, with particular emphasis on simplification and process/efficiency improvement. The incumbent measures the effectiveness of these processes and standards, with constant focus on improvement. Provides oversight to the Workforce Planning Center of Excellence. Manages the oversight of employee engagement and communication activities throughout operations.
Develop and Maintain the Business Operations business for Highmark Health Solutions
- Build, coordinate and project manage a Business Operations program and calendar that is both predictable and enables customer success.
- Build metrics to ensure Business Operations program is being followed.
- Drive the production of review content, ensure data quality and provide performance analysis on a regular basis.
- Maintain communication channels to drive customer operations.
- Drive efficient and effective action tracking processes.
- Manage the MBR process for operations.
Provide oversight of all aspects of innovation to ensure continuous improvement of processes.
- Drive a daily culture of the Business Operations in accordance with priorities of HMHS.
- Process ownership and adoption of best practices throughout operations.
- Work with internal and external customers to identify their goals and strategic direction.
- Collaborate with senior executives and internal staff to develop solutions and options.
- Develop and adhere to internal standards and strategies.
- Ensure adherence to approved methodologies.
- Provide oversight regarding metrics, funding, budgets and resources.
- Coordinate resources, time, contingency plans and risk management.
Direct Internal Reporting for Operations
- Build the required reporting and analytics required to support the business, as part of the Business Operations cadence.
- Spearhead efforts to identify issues and root causes of data discrepancies, always driving data quality into the process.
- Be an internal champion for data driven decision making.
Provide oversight of Workforce Planning Center of Excellence
- Lead end-to-end workforce planning capabilities within the Workforce Planning Center of Excellence.
- Ensure all types of demand is maintained in a single system.
- Implement Governance of forecast accuracy and workforce adjustments based on forecast.
Direct and manage staff.
- Develop and provide input to skills assessments and oversee personal development plans for management staff.
- Coach, manage and develop managers and staff by establishing clear goals, expectations and strategies for employee performance.
- Insure consistency in talent management across departments within the division.
- Develop and administer performance reviews with measurable goals.
- Provide opportunities for staff to maintain current industry knowledge.
- Implement and manage strategic direction by managing activities of personnel in corporate endeavors.
- Develop, maintain and track division budget. Manage teams that span geographic areas or functional areas.
- Ensure compliance across the division and designated customer base with corporate standards, policies and regulations.
- Establish and use metrics to demonstrate operational excellence.
Provide Leadership to the Division.
- Lead and champion organizational change.
- Encourage participation in activities that support relationship development.
- Champion innovation.
Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Management Information Science, or related field.
- 15 years of experience with at least 5 years of experience in a Senior Leadership Position
- Significant experience in innovation and process improvement
- Proven ability to use analytics and metrics and to develop data-based initiatives designed to improve outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate IT or platform development groups to achieve specific objectives
- Significant experience driving change throughout a matrixed organization
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org