- Support or lead the definition, scoping, chartering efforts for business process analysis/design projects related to process improvement initiatives assuring optimal business and functional delivery of the strategic delivery framework. This includes business modeling, documentation of the operating blueprint and process solution blueprinting efforts following the strategy definition as well as supporting the execution of the process solution blueprint during the implementation phase.
- Provide process and business consultation services which include research, analysis facilitation, process modeling, and business process improvement techniques to propose and implement business and system solutions that meet strategic objectives.
- Provide and support periodic reporting to leadership on assigned project activities.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships across business unit/area level of management continuing to promote and continually broaden the level of business knowledge and the impact of quality/process improvement projects and programs.
- Participate in planning sessions with business owners to improve business processes and to prioritize and drive process re-engineering initiatives including process ownership and governance.
- Participate and support business case development process to identify change execution impacts to people, process, and technology solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Participate and support the Change Execution Process assuring resource alignment/impacts are aligned with the process governance model.
- Drive comprehensive business process standards, analysis and measurement to assigned projects including the definition of business process modeling standards for assigned projects and evolve the Business Process Management Nomenclature standards of a Business Process Competency Center.
- Support the expansion and development of Continuous Process Improvement and business process engineering skills, including Lean Six Sigma methodology across specific divisions and the enterprise, promoting the understanding and use of process improvement tools and concepts.
- Support leadership and management with regard to the planning, implementation and production support of Lean Six Sigma projects and the Lean Six Sigma COE.
- Collaborate with release planning and implementation functions across varying divisions and business platforms.
- Ensure all changes to processes are reflected in the repository of process documentation.
- Access and analyze processes, data points, and controls to determine sub-optimal performance, communicate findings clearly and effectively and make recommendations for improvement.
- Identify root causes of problems and demonstrate the ability to development and make recommendations for solutions to mitigate root cause.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Industrial /Management Engineering or IT related field or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in Process Improvement; to include process documentation or change, collection and analysis of related metrics, problem solving, and reduction in cycle time
- Master’s degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or IT Development
- 5-10 years of related, progressive experience
- 5 - 7 years managing small to medium projects across multi-functional teams
- 2 years in the Healthcare Industry
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Six Sigma Black or Green Belt
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Strong Facilitation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use statistical assessment to quantify opportunities and to achieve process optimization
- Knowledge of the roles and deployment of change execution
- Knowledge of Business Process Modeling concepts and components and their respective application
- Strong understanding of Highmark specific domains
- Ability to observe and provide constructive performance feedback
- Knowledge and understanding of Business Process Engineering standards/protocols
Knowledge and understanding of Lean Six Sigma Tools and Methodologies
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org