This position delivers highly complex training courses and workshops in support of workforce development, technology and/or proprietary business systems, updates or create course materials to reflect changes in processes or systems and manages the classroom effectively to ensure learning.
1. This position displays excellent verbal and written communication skills while performing the following functions:
- Training new hire classes (could be as long as 6-12 weeks in duration)
- Delivering training on variety of topics (business processes, systems, orientation, boot camps) to all levels of staff
- Conducting workshops
- Providing feedback to learners on progress in class
- Providing regular feedback/status reports to participant’s management
- Mentoring and coaching to bridge performance gaps (a new hire on application of the processes)
- Deliver train the trainer sessions and coach less experienced trainers
2. Deliver training
- Prepares for and delivers training to target audience from an existing lesson plan. Uses adult learning techniques, training tools and terminology appropriate to the learner and topic. Adapts presentation style to meet the learner needs. Practices good classroom management techniques to handle a variety of classroom situations. Anticipates addresses and fields questions. Provides both positive and constructive feedback to learners.
- Presents training content via classroom, virtual or webinar
- Modify/update existing training materials
- Responsible for ensuring all training materials are updated on a timely basis and scrubbed of PHI. Ensure that course is presented using the most current, up-to-date format and content.
- Understand the basic component of developing a training solution. Use sound adult learning techniques and approved templates. Materials include, but are not limited to, manuals, job aids, visual aids, wall charts and Powerpoint presentations.
3. Supports or Leads Training Related projects
- Creating training assessment surveys
- Trending evaluation results
- Gathering and summarizing subject matter research
- Creating reports and status
- Contribute to SOWs and contracts
- Act as SME in helping to design learning interventions
4. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Bachelors degree
- Bachelors degree in Education or Training
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in Education, Training, or business-related specialty
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Good at building and maintaining interpersonal relationships, managing conflict, solving problems, and handling multiple assignments
- Conceptual knowledge of skills directly related to training, such as: adult learning concepts and training delivery techniques.
- Basic decision making skills
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org