Job ID: J120723
Company: Allegheny Health Network
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Dec 6, 2018
I. GENERAL OVERVIEW:
Leads, supports and facilitates process improvement initiatives across multiple functional units for both strategic and continuous process improvement efforts. Strategic and transformational support includes design and support throughout implementation to assure people/process/technical solutions align with strategic initiative while driving consensus among business units including process ownership and governance. Design activities include the documentation, management and oversight of end to end workflow process analysis assuring improved productivity, cost effectiveness, appropriate embedding of Key Performance Indicators, and appropriate controls for both regulatory and compliance considerations. Provides consultative services and analytic support to business management leveraging LEAN practices, Six Sigma methodologies and tools, capacity planning, resource allocation, work simplification, service level management, organizational design, consolidation, performance measurement systems, productivity improvement and expense control.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Support or lead the definition, scoping, chartering efforts for business process analysis/design projects related to process improvement initiatives assuring optimal business and functional delivery of the strategic delivery framework. This includes business modeling, documentation of the operating blueprint and process solution blueprinting efforts following the strategy definition as well as supporting the execution of the process solution blueprint during the implementation phase.
On a regular basis and as needed, work with various departments to collect source data: design and build analyses/trending/forecasting reports using Excel or other technology: and publishes metrics dashboards and executive presentations. Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
2. Provide process and business consultation services which include research, analysis facilitation, process modeling, and business process improvement techniques to propose and implement business and system solutions that meet strategic objectives. Provide and support periodic reporting to leadership on assigned project activities.
3. Establish and maintain strong working relationships across business unit/area level of management continuing to promote and continually broaden the level of business knowledge and the impact of quality/process improvement projects and programs. Participate in planning sessions with business owners to improve business processes and to prioritize and drive process re-engineering initiatives including process ownership and governance.
4. Participate and support business case development process to identify change execution impacts to people, process, and technology solutions to achieve business objectives. Participate and support the Change Execution Process assuring resource alignment/impacts are aligned with the process governance model.
5. Drive comprehensive business process standards, analysis and measurement to assigned projects including the definition of business process modeling standards for assigned projects and evolve the Business Process Management Nomenclature standards of a Business Process Competency Center.
6. Support the expansion and development of Continuous Process Improvement and business process engineering skills across specific divisions and the enterprise, promoting the understanding and use of process improvement tools and concepts.
7. In collaboration with release planning and implementation functions across varying divisions and business platforms. Ensures all changes to processes are reflected in the repository of process documentation.
8. Access and analyze processes, data points, and controls to determine sub-optimal performance, communicate findings clearly and effectively and make recommendations for improvement. Identify root causes of problems and demonstrate the ability to development and make recommendations for solutions to mitigate root cause.
9. Other duties as assigned or requested.
• Bachelor Degree in Business, Industrial /Management Engineering or IT related field, or equivalent (5 or more years) experience in Process Improvement; to include process documentation or change, collection and analysis of related metrics, problem solving, and reduction in cycle time.
• 2 or more years managing small to medium projects across multifunctional teams - Associate BPE
• 4 or more years managing small to medium projects across multifunctional teams
• 3-5 years of related, progressive experience in the area of specialization. Grandfathered experience requirements effective August 2016.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required?
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org