Job ID: J121023
Company: Highmark Inc
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Direct the strategic business and functional infrastructure (existing and future) of the underlying systems that support the respective business platforms for all health insurance products, programs, ancillary services and markets served by Highmark. Acts as business owner of these functions and directs the daily operations of the underlying systems, defines strategic and tactical initiatives to improve these business platforms, defines and supports the underlying workflow of these systems, and is a major contributor to the corporate and/or divisional strategic planning process and executive management team. In addition to defining and supporting the underlying systems and processes, the incumbent is responsible for directing the identification of enhancements and expanded capabilities of these major enterprise systems this responsibility includes design, developing, modifying, adapting and implementing short- and long-term solutions to information technology (IT) and business process solutions through new and existing applications, systems architecture, network systems and applications infrastructure. Reviews system requirements and business processes, participates in code walkthroughs and tests, debugs to implement software solutions.
1. Acts as business owner of these functions and directs the daily operations of the underlying systems, defines strategic and tactical initiatives to improve these operations and systems, defines and supports the underlying workflow of these systems. Responsible for directing the identification of enhancements and expanded capabilities of these major enterprise systems through direct facilitation with the user community.
2. Serves as the virtual Program Manager for the underlying systems and processes and directs the infrastructure support for the respective business platform and directs platform support and integration of data and knowledge used to service group customers, consumer’s and/or providers.
3. Resolve high impact platform problems and consequences. Adheres to corporate and BCBSA performance measurements and standards as well as compliance to Federal and state mandates. Directly facilitates active and ongoing communication with the user community.
4. Responsible for driving the design, development, modification, adaptation and implementation of short- and long-term solutions to information technology (IT) and business process solutions through new and existing applications, systems architecture, network systems and applications infrastructure
5. Identify, implement, and adhere to multi-state and federal government regulations, corporate policy mandates, corrective action plans, compliance requirements and process improvement initiatives impacting systems, operating platform and associated process and workflows.
6. Work with executive leaders to develop the department and corporate strategic and tactical plans. Directly responsible for their departments annual planning process and documentation of their plan. Responsible for facilitation of all necessary planning to support the annual corporate strategic planning process as it relates to their assigned applications and impacts to those systems or processes.
7. This role will at times also be accountable to directly deliver projects or programs and/or actively participate in transformational initiatives. These could include managing complex matrix relationships across business units or even business entities within Highmark or its strategic business partners. When this is the case, there may be less direct reporting relationships and more matrix relationships demanding extensive relationship management skills. These types of assignments would be of the small to medium sized projects / programs and/or mid-level complexity or scope.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? Yes
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required? Yes
Unusual Working Conditions
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org