Job ID: J120503
Company: Highmark Health
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Apr 3, 2018
The Paralegal position works under the supervision of attorneys of the law department conducting fact development, investigation and collection of relevant information to assist the attorney in issue identification or strategy development including gathering appropriate documents; monitoring particular legal or regulatory developments; engaging in research, cite check and retrieval of laws, policies and regulations; and developing information for reviews, reports, accreditation submissions, regulatory filings and court documents. Responsibilities include performing a combination of functions using established procedures and applying knowledge about the operations of corporations to issues and projects assigned, interacting substantively with management at all levels on a regular basis and may interact with outside attorneys, consultants, governmental regulators and others when needed. The paralegal is the designated professional position used by the attorneys of the law department to assist them in meeting work demands and is relied upon by the attorneys to perform certain administrative, research and analytical functions necessary to provide advice and service to the Corporation.
1. Conducts fact development, investigation and collection of relevant information to assist the attorney in issue identification or strategy development as well as works with the Corporation’s managers to identify information to complete work related to reports, accreditation submissions, regulatory filings and court documents. Gathers appropriate documents in preparation of correspondence, regulatory filings, reports and court pleadings. Prepares summaries of factual issues.
2. Monitors particular legal or regulatory developments and engages in basic research, cite check and retrieval of laws, policies and regulations. Reviews research materials for new laws and regulations. Identifies and analyzes basic legal issues. Analyzes laws and regulations as they relate to the operations of the Corporation. Monitors Corporation’s compliance with governance documents, major contracts, licenses and other agreements.
3. Develops information for reviews, reports, accreditation submissions, regulatory filings and court documents. These documents are confidential and legal in nature and represent the Corporation’s responses to legal and regulatory requests for information.
4. Reviews contracts for specific provisions, identifies specific contracts or data required by the Corporation. Prepares minutes, and other relevant corporate governance information. Drafts corporate resolutions. Prepares form documents and basic contracts and regulatory filings.
5. May handle or supervise administrative functions of the law department, such as performing litigation database functions and ensuring the law library materials are updated.
6. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org