Provide perfusion services including support, treatment, measurement or supplementation of the
cardiopulmonary and circulatory system of patients, as well as operate related equipment to support a
patient's cardiopulmonary or systemic circulatory functions.
- Assemble, operate, maintain and manage extracorporeal cardiopulmonary support equipment for patients having open heart surgery, high-risk invasive cardiology procedures or other major surgery and medical patients as needed. (60%)
- Ensure proper physiologic management of patients by administration of medications, blood components, and anesthetic agents via the extra corporeal circuit through monitoring and analyzing the blood gases, blood chemistries, hemodynamic status, anticoagulation and hematologic status, body and circuit temperatures while on cardiopulmonary support. (15%)
- Maintain proficiencies and participate in the implant and operation of all VADs used at AGH. (10%)
- Ensure hemodynamic and physiological management of the patient by utilizing blood conservation and/or auto transfusion techniques, by providing and administering myocardial preservation solutions, and by assessing the degree of hemodilution and need for hemofiltration. (5%)
- Assist with insertion and removal of and to operate, maintain and manage counter pulsation devices for cardiology and surgery patients, as well as consult with staff surgeon, resident or cardiologist to select appropriate equipment/techniques for the patient. (3%)
- Ensure proficiency as a Perfusionist and maintain certification through involvement in continuing education programs, maintaining knowledge of state of art technology, techniques, and to provide educational opportunities for perfusion students as assigned. (2%)
- Contribute to quality improvement through participation in the AGH perfusion data base. (5%)
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry or related sciences; or two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination education and experience.
- Must be certified by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion as a Clinical Perfusionist.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a clinical Perfusionist.
- Basic computer skills.
- CPR certification.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org