Job ID: J121942
Company: Highmark Inc
Location: Camp Hill, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: May 4, 2018
This job will lead the design and ongoing market deployment of a portfolio of provider partnership offerings in coordination with the provider partner teams and market leaders. The partner provider program will be delivered to partner provider organizations including ancillary provider networks, independent physician organizations and health systems/integrated delivery networks. The program offerings include value added services and capabilities for providers such as regional medical insurance products, customized analytics and reporting packages, elevated support and servicing models, access to external vendor delivered solutions and services, population health capabilities and resources, and alternative reimbursement models, joint ventures and other novel offerings.
This job interacts with matrixed areas of the organization, the market facing provider teams and external provider partners to design and deploy offerings involving both internal and external constituents (e.g. vendors, IDN, provider, regulators) as necessary to ensure successful delivery of new offerings and the overall program. Responsible for providing leadership and direction to matrix staff across the enterprise including business and technical teams for the purpose of program offering design and deployment. The incumbent will function as a liaison with the partner provider team and internal areas to support and manage the execution of the program for the organization.
• Manage and lead major projects and teams comprised of internal or external resources. This may involve providing periodic informal work guidance/direction to other team members; providing performance input and recommendations to management for development/training plans.
• Work with business/market owners, key executives, partner providers, and external experts and industry contacts through all stages of the initial and ongoing offering development lifecycle to identify and design a strategy for specific offerings in the program. This includes evaluating the benefits and value of potential offerings for the program.
• Lead design and development sessions with matrixed internal teams and external provider organizations, gather essential data, execute the required analyses, develop business case models, identify issues or problems, develop proposed solutions/ approaches and develop formal recommendations to senior levels of the Organization leadership to support the provider partnership offering program launch and ongoing evolution. The incumbent must own the outcome of the offering element and ensure expert delivery.
• Design and owns the development and creation deliverable artifacts to communicate internally and externally the organization's partner provider strategy and program.
• Apply a broad knowledge of concepts and principles to develop analytical frameworks, approach and methodology best practices to analyze complex strategy issues, often applying ingenuity and originality to develop unique solutions.
• Consult with business owners to identify, clarify, and resolve complex issues critical to the success of the offering initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor's Degree - Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or other related field
Master’s Degree - Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or other related field
• 7 - 10 years' of post-grad experience in any or combination of the following: strategic planning, consulting, project management or in leadership role
• Experience in leading large scale strategic initiatives and/or process improvement initiatives to address business challenges
• Strong analytic background (ability to assess business processes; product performance; etc.)
• 3 - 5 years' management consulting experience in health sector (payer, provider, or life sciences)
• Extensive knowledge of healthcare industry, Insurance operations and financing, clinical delivery, and/or ancillary products
• Experience in a market facing role, interacting with clients and or external decision makers
• Experience program management and development, operational improvement
• Applied experience in provider, IDN or clinical delivery
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in strategic thinking, plus working knowledge of other related fields
• Strong PC application skills (MS Office including PowerPoint and Excel). Must be extremely proficient in developing PowerPoint collateral to convey ideas and concepts effectively
• Knowledge of healthcare industry trends and challenges
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Good communication and presentation skills
25% - 50%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Position Type: Office-Based
An employee in this position works in an office environment. The position frequently requires the employee to communicate effectively with others both inside and outside the workplace (e.g., in person, via telephone, via email). The employee must be able to understand, interpret and analyze data, solve problems, concentrate, and research, use available technological resources and systems (e.g., computers and computer programs), multi-task, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines to complete essential tasks. The employee generally works in a fast-paced and frequently stressful environment, must attend work on a regular and reliable basis as well as adhere to all workplace policies, and may be called upon to work outside regular business hours.
Teaches/Trains others regularly
Travels regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Physical Work Site Required
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org