The job is responsible for the management and performance of regional facilities planning and property management. The responsibilities may include: physical workplace operations; design, construction, operation and maintenance of corporate facilities in an effective and cost efficient-manner; interfacing with leasing managers and landlords in the assigned region; operation, repairs and maintenance of mechanical/electrical/plumbing (MEP) infrastructures which support the company’s primary corporate data center; management of all janitorial services, landscaping and grounds maintenance, snow removal and food services in the assigned region; overseeing all construction and renovation projects for office space in the assigned region; coordinating all emergency response functions for assigned region as IRT first responder; and implementing of LEED design products and practices on new capital projects, building and maintenance activities.
- Perform management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Create and implement department operating strategies/plans to provide the Organization with professional, efficient and cost effective building operations and engineering functions, while meeting or under approved and/or adjusted budget guidelines.
- Develop and manage an Organization engineering function responsible for ensuring adequate levels of service to meet the demands and requirements of users and equipment for the electrical, HVAC, data systems support, lighting, fire safety systems and utilities support while continuing to make energy savings costs a priority by: (a) maintaining a capital renewal and replacement program to ensure proper maintenance of building systems and components, (b) providing engineering design services in support of company buildings and building systems including the development of recommendations and alternatives to HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, building automation, fire and safety, structural and computer support systems, (c) supporting planned building modifications and new construction involving management of simultaneous projects dealing with company operations, Building Systems staff, outside engineers/architects, vendors and contractors and conducts projects in a manner consistent with corporate requirements while conforming to local, state and federal construction and safety codes, (d) ensuring the availability and accuracy of all technical engineering documentation, including all building blueprints, drawings, specifications and related materials, (e) ensuring that required feasibility studies are undertaken governing the direction of building and/or building system enhancements and as a result of these studies, provide direction to ensure the most cost-effective, efficient selection including the operation of equipment, facilities and facility support equipment.
- Ensure the efficient operation and maintenance of all automated building systems, including the environmental controls, electrical power monitoring systems, and all peripheral automated equipment serving the computer areas (including television monitoring, remote control access, fire suppression and life safety systems) by: (a) ensuring systems conform to all governmental and departmental requirements and are maintained in efficient, cost-effective operation, (b) provide support to the facility systems in the Corporate Data Center and other data processing areas (including the utility, environmental, life safety support, housekeeping compatible with the computer environment, document transport system, and the UPS system), (c) coordinate with external vendors to ensure proper maintenance and repair, (d) monitor, maintain and repair building and environmental systems that relate to electrical/mechanical operations, including equipment predictive and preventive maintenance programs, construction coordination, repairs to building interior and exterior, chemical water treatment programs, movement of corporate equipment, major/minor plumbing and electrical repairs and modifications, and (e) coordinate with outside contractors for emergency and major repairs that cannot be handled by in-house maintenance staff.
- Manage component activities relating to data and telecommunication cabling including the analysis and design of cabling requirements to interconnect voice and data between data centers and workstations. Coordinate all installations and de-installations of electrical and mechanical systems related to the exchange of all computer equipment located in all raised floor areas.
- Manage the department Immediate Response Team (IRT) and Business Continuity Plans in the assigned region by coordinating all emergency response functions for the region as an IRY team member. Maintain department internal and external call trees and contact lists for emergency plans. Review business continuity plans and emergency response plans with department members to prepare and inform them of their roles and responsibilities during emergency situations. Ensure the various team members have the tools, supplies, materials and training necessary to respond to an emergency situation. Participate in mock IRT and Disaster Recovery emergencies on a regular basis and evaluate the performance of the team and implement any necessary changes.
- Facilitate and manage all new construction and renovation projects for office and/or medical/hospital space within the assigned region.
- Manage Food Service/Cafeteria Management of service and replacement of kitchen equipment and budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Facilities Management, Business Administration/Management or Related Field
- 6 years of relevant and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor degree
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 5 - 7 years in Architectural, Engineering Design, Construction, General Facilities Management and Project Management
- 3 - 5 years in Management
- 7 - 10 years in Project Engineering on Construction Projects
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Facilities Manager (CFM)
- Facilities Management Administrator (FMA)
- Registered professional Engineer
- Written and oral communications and presentation skills
- Self confident with ability to accept and respond to challenges; resiliency;
- Interpersonal, organizational, negotiating and analytical skills
- leadership skills and ability to motivate team in a matrixed environment; Demonstrated ability to effectively listen; Experience in successfully achieving results through people in a complex environment
- Understanding of business issues, metrics, organizational relationships and customer value; Ability to assess and recommend creative and time sensitive solutions; analytical ability
- Proficient in PC software including MicroSoft office (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org