Responsible for the financial resolution of all self-pay account balances from technical and professional billing systems. Follows department policies and procedures in resolving account balances. Serves as preliminary contact for patients who contact the Single Billing Office with inquiries regarding AHN patient statement balances, and resolves any billing related issues while ensuring patient satisfaction. Discovers and initiates rebilling of insurance claims. Assists patients with applying for Charity Care. Works in a high volume call center environment. Displays exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a friendly customer service demeanor. Upholds the standards of the customer service program.
- Serves as preliminary contact for AHN patients by: a) Greeting patients via telephone in a pleasant and professional manner b) Prioritizing patient inquiries c) Ensuring that accurate demographic and payor information is correctly reflected in the billing system d) Discovering unbilled insurance and facilitate billing of claims e) Identifying deductibles, out-of-pocket expenses; co-payments, percentage payables, preferred providers and other boundaries that are payor driven f) Assisting with payment arrangements for patients according to AHN Payment Plan policy g) Screening for patient eligibility for financial assistance per the AHN policy h) Maintaining positive customer service attitude when dealing with the public and AHN personnel i) Working effectively as a team member by offering support and/or ideas to enable the group to reach group goals
- Posts appropriate adjustments to the accounts receivable systems.
- Reviews and edits accounts from various work lists for such actions as third-party rebilling, adjustment posting, collection agency referral, or other options to appropriately resolve account balance.
- Documents the accounts receivable system with all pertinent information regarding the patient interview, research performed, and resolution.
- Collects payments on account via telephone transaction with patient.
- Responds to patient inquiries/concerns received by telephone or mail. Clarifies understanding of the inquiry/concern, determines the appropriate course of action, initiates and/or completes appropriate action, resolves Patient Complaints and does appropriate customer service recovery when required.
- Researches and processes accounts subject to Bankruptcy regulations.
- May be assigned to Customer Service In-Bound, Collection In-Bound, Collection Out-bound call centers as workload, and SBO management needs dictate.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with a ten-key calculator and PC keyboard, familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel. Demonstrates strong verbal and written skills. Demonstrates strong Customer Service and service recovery skills working in a high volume call center environment.
- Two years' experience in a collection or a customer service oriented role
- Associate's degree in Business Management or Accounting preferred.
- Previous experience in a physician billing or health care claims environment (computerized billing) preferred.
- Previous experience in interviewing patients and family members preferred.
- Previous experience in working in a high volume collection or customer service call center environment preferred.
- Previous experience working in a predictive dialer environment preferred
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org