Job ID: J124172
Company: HMPG Pharmacy LLC
Location: Zelienople, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: May 24, 2018
1. Review all back orders daily. Contact suppliers for information related to acquisition of backordered products; evaluate the options and pricing available and present this information to the hospital accounts to determine cost effective options available to meet immediate demand requirements.
2. Review all requests for new items to determine relevance of request as well as cost effective means of procurement versus degree of anticipated need. Identify options and present solutions to management.
3. Assures that critical need items are available to the hospitals by monitoring the status of the orders for such products until received by the hospitals. Resolves shipping/delivery issues, discrepancies and product shortages with suppliers in a manner that does not affect service levels.
4. Demonstrates effective communications skills in all aspects of on-going interactions (written, via telephone, and person to person) that occur with hospital personnel, vendors, sales representatives, and fellow employees in the routine performance of these responsibilities in order to maintain service excellence.
5. Communicates daily with hospital account representatives and Protoco staff as needed to guarantee an optimal product selection and supply for Protoco members. Advises the procurement personnel within the hospitals with regard to accessing alternative supplies. Places special orders as needed.
6. Compare available pricing and review contracts.
7. Determines need for placement of supplemental purchase orders as judged to be necessary to meet inventory needs. Maximizes the cost effective purchasing options where appropriate by analyzing product movement, vendor performance, and market trends. Develops and places orders on a daily basis to drug wholesalers according to the established guidelines to maintain service and maximize savings.
8. Adjusts or selects substitution products as required to minimize out of stock situations. Monitors orders supplied by vendors and reports status to the Purchasing Manager
9. Purchases all Schedule II drugs in compliance with appropriate procedures and resolves related problems and discrepancies.
10. Keep informed of new product and economic developments in the marketplace.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org