Provides leadership and direction for the operations, programs and activities in a specified clinical area of the Health Center such as Critical Care, Maternal Child Health, Medical/Surgical Care, or Ambulatory Care by performing the following duties:
- Oversees and ensures that standards of care are maintained relative to quality management, utilization review, and discharge planning.
- Analyzes clinical service areas for operational effectiveness, using dashboards and other data sources.
- Through research and planning ensures patient care is delivered in accordance with the professional standards for nursing practice and is evidenced based.
- Serves as a consultant for nurse managers and medical staff on patient care or nursing issues assisting with interpretation of Health Center policies to ensure patient needs are met.
- Accountable to ensure ongoing development and operation of Shared Governance model in all departments.
- Utilizes effective change management principles to drive needed improvements.
- Collaborates with other Health Center departments, patient care units, ambulance services, medical staff, patient and families, law enforcement officers, clergy, morticians, media and other health facilities.
- Monitors to ensure effective and efficient use of resources such as staff, facilities, and equipment.
- Finalizes capital and operating budgets based on appropriate workload indicators and anticipated revenues.
- Monitors, controls, and is accountable for maintaining departmental costs within budgeted allocations.
- Fosters development of nurse managers through coaching and mentoring, using a professional development plan.
- Supports department research by assisting in the identification of research opportunities for the department and by facilitating staff development.
- Participates in a research project.
- Identifies opportunities for journal publications for self and staff.
- Seeks out learning opportunities to enhance professional growth and development. Creates and updates personal professional development plan annually. Minimally meets state requirements for continuing education.
- Reviews patient satisfaction data and findings from managers weekly rounds to formulate improvement plan.
- Formulates annual departmental plan as an extension of the Health System's strategic plan.
- CPR Certification
- PA State Registered Nurse License
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Master’s degree (must be completed within 2 years of hire)
- Certification from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) - American Nurses Association (ANA)
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org