This job supervises and oversees the day-to-day activities of various Inventory Management functions, supports the department manager with personnel administrative activities, and assists in solving difficult problems in the functional area. Leads and participates in process and operational improvement initiatives to enhance customer satisfaction throughout the organization and promote a culture of performance excellence. Serves as an inventory/warehouse consultant across the enterprise to standardize processes and implement best practices. Monitors and reviews inventory items/quantities, and provides direct support to large scale corporate printing operations. Provides and implements subject matter expertise across the enterprise on OSHA regulations governing the use of powered industrial equipment. Pursues additional knowledge of applicable regulations and guidelines related to Inventory functions and supports Highmark Health Solutions by remaining knowledgeable of ISO certification standards.
- Perform management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers by proactively identifying and remedying potential concerns and issues. Work closely with customers across the organization to develop new processes and procedures to streamline, standardize, and implement best practices. Identify cost savings opportunities for customers and Inventory Management by reviewing current procedures and identifying inefficiencies to eliminate manual effort and waste. Monitor and maintain current documented processes, procedures, business continuity plans, and daily/weekly/monthly metrics of the functions.
- Oversee the constant flow of products and materials in and out of the warehouse. Collaborate with staff to plan and schedule deliveries, verify proper versions and quantities are shipped and received, and rectify discrepancies. Monitor current inventory levels based on usage to ensure space constraints are proactively remedied and minimum balances are maintained. Forecast future inventory needs to prepare and arrange current items and storage locations for increased inventory. Conduct/lead periodic cycle counts of inventory items to confirm physical quantities match system quantities within inventory system. Maintain and improve supply chain, and Identify solutions for possible concerns.
- Monitor and identify possible misuse and unauthorized use of the department's UPS accounts. Review and process weekly UPS invoices. Assist staff with discrepancies regarding shipments and other potential issues. Maintain staff's ability to access UPS' tracking tools and ensure shipments are consistently tracked. Monitor shipping and receiving documents to ensure proper records are retained for all shipments and deliveries. Schedule and inform customers of any changes or holiday adjustments for pick-ups and deliveries from UPS, USPS, Blue Mail, Etc.
- Provide powered industrial equipment training and certification for team members and other departments. Complete train the trainer certification courses, monitor and update equipment processes and procedures, and provide guidelines for safe/proper operation and inspection procedures to team members and other departments. Monitor equipment inspection, maintenance, and preventative maintenance documents and services. Assess the equipment's useful lifecycle based on industry standards and supplier recommendation, plan and budget for any maintenance needs or replacement, and evaluate the the need to add or eliminate equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration/Management
- 3 - 5 years in Customer Service
- 1 - 3 years in People Management and/or Leading Teams
- 3 - 5 years in the Health Insurance Industry
- 3 - 5 years in Lean/Six Sigma
- 3 - 5 years in Management
- 3 - 5 years in Process Improvement
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Analytical Skills
- Business Process Improvement
- Oral & Written Communication Skills
- Supervisory Experience
- Customer Service
- Strategic Thinking
- Inventory Control
- Microsoft Office
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Relationship-builder with Unsurpassed Interpersonal Skills
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org