Provides anesthetic care for patients in the surgical setting.
- Assesses, plans, evaluates, and implements the anesthetic management for all patients presenting for anesthesia care. Provides accurate medical record documentation. (45%)
- Provides continuous observation of patients under anesthetic care and corrects abnormal patient responses. Involves attending physician regarding plan of care and involves physician in clinical decision making of any issues that are outside the CRNA's knowledge base or scope of practice. (35%)
- Participates, develops, and implements performance and/or quality improvement initiatives. (10%)
- Adheres to the legal and ethical standards of nursing and of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists. Follows appropriate safety standards and ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies. (5%)
- Acts as a clinical resource to interdisciplinary health care team. May serve as a mentor to new staff or students. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Current PA RN license
- Certification as a Registered Nurse Anesthetist by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org