This job oversees all daily operations and functions of the department within Gateway Health Plan. The position requires an in-depth knowledge of business systems, data warehousing, data collection and reporting. The manager will be tasked with ensuring all summary and analysis reporting projects are mechanically, statistically and theoretically accurate. Additionally, the manager will be responsible for summarizing, and presenting the results to enhance the organization’s understanding of underlying trends, results and implications. The manager is also expected to organize, assign, and actively manage to completion the data analysis projects within the department.
- Performs management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Serves as the decision support analytics subject matter expert in the development and implementation of dashboards and reports to support key clinical and operational initiatives.
- Maintains key relationships with leadership and other stakeholders to proactively identify and communicate performance and continuous improvement opportunities for quality improvement and clinical effectiveness
- Oversees the ongoing sourcing, assessment, defining, and maintenance of business data to ensure integrity, quality, validity, and overall applicability to the identification, analysis, and interpretation of ongoing trends or patterns in complex data sets for specified projects.
- Provides guidance on opportunities to enhance analytic capabilities with a particular focus on the ability to measure, benchmark and track value metrics.
- Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of analytical processes and reports supporting Gateway Health Plan’s performance (internal to the organization and in comparison to industry benchmarks/best practices).
- Manages the utilization of measurement tools, statistical methods and benchmark comparisons to determine and analyze outcome measures in support of organizational goals.
- Partners with leadership and process owners to define key metrics and analytic needs for implementation, including dashboards, scorecards, and overall reporting solutions.
- Implements special initiatives to support the reporting and analytics needs of the organization as directed.
- Bachelor's Degree - Clinical-related field, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Health Information Management, or related field
Appropriate experience in lieu of a degree may be considered
- Master's Degree - Healthcare or Business Administration
- 5 years' of progressive experience in a clinical or reporting and analysis field in a health care organization
- 3-5 years' Prior leadership and/or project management experience
- Experience in a clinical area/function/organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of SAS and SQL required
- Advanced computer skills with a strong knowledge of spreadsheet programs required
- Ability to perform under stressful and changing circumstances and deadlines; effective written and oral communication skills; and strong problem solving, project management, teamwork, and organizational skills required
- The ability to assist in ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies and HIPAA regulations required
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: 0 - 25%
Employee Referral: Level 2
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org