Job ID: J125315
Company: Highmark Health
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Jun 14, 2018
The Administrative Assistant supports an Executive and performs a wide range of secretarial and general office duties as assigned and ensures timely and accurate completion of assignments to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of their manager in meeting operational objectives. Responsibilities include typing, word processing, proofreading, handling phone calls, maintaining and organizing files, copying, reviewing and distributing mail, greeting visitors, ordering supplies, scheduling calendars, and making travel arrangements. In addition, this position organizes/expedites workflow and is responsible for providing secretarial support as required to support the communication or presentation needs of the principal when not delegated elsewhere and edits documents for grammar and punctuation. Requires the continuous use of technical and business vocabulary and a detailed knowledge of organization operations, organizational procedures, and personnel.
1. Communicate effectively. This position displays effective communication skills while performing the following functions:
2. Provides secretarial services to the Executive and assigned staff
3. Compiles various information and perform minor calculations as required for departmental reports
4. Maintains other administrative records
5. Provides telephone coverage and screens telephone calls, letters, and/or visitors, answering routine questions
6. Reviews and prioritizes information and inquires received for the consideration of the Executive, makes high-level contacts from both inside and outside the Corporation, and addresses and answers inquiries and solicitations, paying constant attention to formal clearance, procedural controls, and organizational sensitivity. Attends selected meetings in a non-participatory manner to take appropriate notes and conserve principal’s time while assuring familiarity with meeting developments.
7. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? No x
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required?
This job requires the ability to work as a team member. Additionally, this job requires the willingness and ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and may require irregular work hours, holidays and/or weekends.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org