Job ID: J126005
Company: Gateway Health Plan
Location: Home, DE, United States
Facility: Work From Home
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Jun 20, 2018
I. GENERAL OVERVIEW:
The position is responsible for the working directly with providers in a variety of health care settings to appropriately identify members with chronic conditions and/or gaps in care that can be positively impacted related to quality and care costs. The position could include working in a physician’s office, visiting physician practices on a routine basis, working within a hospital setting and/or assessing and coordinating member’s care within the member’s home. The position will help members to coordinate care and navigate the healthcare system by recommending and/or implementing interventions related to the improvement of medical care and costs.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conducts member-facing clinical assessments that address the health and wellness needs of members using a broad set of clinical and motivational interviewing skills with the goal of impacting members’ self-management skills and positive behavior changes which will ultimately positively impact member satisfaction and care costs.
2. Serves as a subject matter expert to both internal and external sources (e.g. providers, regulatory agencies, UM and policy.) to provide education, consultation and training when indicated. Serves as a resource to guide, mentor and counsel others in regard to understanding the drivers of health care costs to improve member outcomes related to Plan benefits and resources.
3. Collaborates, coordinates and communicates with the member’s treating provider(s) in more complex clinical situations requiring clinical and psychosocial intervention.
4. Develop/implement case or condition-specific plans of care and/or intervention plan, as needed, that can become a part of the member’s EMR or medical record to establish short and long-term goals. Establishes a plan for regular contact ( face-to-face as often as possible) with each member and/or provider to monitor progress toward goals, provide additional education and evaluate the need for modification or change in the plan of care. Proactively incorporates lifestyle improvement opportunities and preventive care into member interactions and coaching.
5. Collaborates with the appropriate individuals to offer solutions to refine and improve existing practices or participates in developing performance improvement processes that will enhance member outcomes and operational performance/excellence as well support all strategic initiatives including Health Care Reform and STARS initiatives. Works with providers related to performance measures and activities to educate and influence the behavior of members and providers.
6. Ensures that all activities are documented and conducted in compliance with applicable business process requirements, regulatory requirements and accreditation standards that support all lines of business.
7. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required?
Unusual Working Conditions
This position will typically not work within corporate headquarters. The position could include working within a physician practice setting, visiting physician practices on a monthly basis, working within a hospital setting and/or assessing and coordinating member’s care within the member’s home. The position is a dynamic one which will require flexibility in work settings and travel.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org