This job is responsible for defining and promoting direction and governance for the HM Health Solutions Enterprise Architecture organization. The scope of Enterprise Architecture includes: enterprise architecture strategy (setting direction and finding synergies across our business units and corporate functions); technology innovation; complex solution architecture; maintaining knowledge of emerging technologies and best in class industry business trends and practices. This job provides guidance and technology recommendations for solutions of Enterprise scope and complexity. Maintains a horizontal view across multiple business lines to streamline capability requests as appropriate. This job requires a combination of in depth knowledge of multiple architecture areas as well as broad experience in several areas of architecture. May take on role of project leader, infrastructure architect, application architect, client architect, data architect for special assignments.
- Specify and design large or complex systems, solutions, networks, infrastructure elements, or processes. Drive appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensures that they are applied effectively. Review others’ system design to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology. Establish and support policy for selection of architecture components. Evaluate and perform impact analysis on major design options.
- Facilitate development of enterprise business solutions that combine knowledge of business strategies, processes and gaps; technological options; and process facilitation techniques. Lead/participate in enterprise strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and business innovation portfolio development
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of specific technical aspects in multiple areas of expertise and provide recommendations to the client. The areas expertise may be any aspect of information, technology, technique, method, process, product, or applicationarea.
- Support the resolution of a variety of architecture and business problems and serve as a technical lead for highly complex project initiatives: Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization; Manage expectations of customers, partners and management; Participate in customer reviews and planning; design and technical walkthroughs; and problem resolution and decision making; Interact with departments across the organization as necessary, including the development and interpretation of highly complex requirements for peers and other staff.
- Review our production applications to identify and prioritize opportunities to improve the response time, availability, maintainability and reliability of our solutions while reducing utilization/costs. Diagnosis of complex and high severity service outages.
- Provide leadership and mentoring in their areas of expertise and architecture to peers, developers, management and business users including technical expertise, coaching and ad-hoc training by: Preparing presentations on complex issues in the area of expertise targeted to intended audiences; Presenting to ensure alignment with strategic directions.
- Lead the identification and analysis of the enterprise business drivers and industry/market trends to derive the future state platform architecture in the context of business processes, applications, information and technologies.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree - Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- 5+ years' of technical experience in both mainframe and/or open systems environments (system software, application software, databases, etc.)
- 5+ years' of experience in an Enterprise environment including a minimum of 5+ years' as a technology lead with technical decision making responsibilities and 3+ years' application development or infrastructure services experience.
- 5+ years' experience in the healthcare industry
- 5+ years' of experience in IT solution delivery
- Experience in providing consultative solution architecture and support services of Enterprise scope and depth
Referral Bonus: Level 3
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In depth knowledge of architectural models and disciplines
- Strong understanding of industry patterns for application architecture and integration.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Broad IT platform and application expertise
- Moderate understanding of architectural disciplines and industry standards, The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), Lean, Six Sigma, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) concepts, constructs and terminology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to engage senior business and IT leadership to understand the goals of the organization. Clearly communicate business strategies, and articulate dependencies and requirements, to business leaders
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org