Job ID: J126159
Company: HM Health Solutions Inc.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Aug 2, 2018
Takes the lead in collaborating with business owners/stakeholder to understand more complex business needs, processes project specifications, business case development, cost sheet analysis and data sources. Takes the lead in translating more complex business needs into clearly defined and documented detailed, high quality requirements, functional designs, and system supplemental specifications for new applications or analyzes change requests/enhancements in existing applications. Analyzes more complex data to determine business problem, trends, or opportunities for process improvements. Responsible for more complex testing, and provides root cause analysis and corrective action plan. Responsible for verification that the delivered application requirements meet the customer needs based on the specifications, ensuring minimal defects in both UAT and production. Takes the lead to be accountable for identification, documentation, and escalation of risks, defects and issues throughout the project lifecycle. Responsible for taking the lead in the resolution of risks, defects and issues. For smaller more complex projects or initiatives may be accountable for project schedule and resource allocation up to and including matrix staff. Takes the lead in accountability to provide project status back to the appropriate Management group or customer, staff involved in release co-coordination and/or various PMO groups. May mentor less experienced employees.
This section lists the major duties and responsibilities of the position. This is not an exhaustive list of all job duties/functions/attributes. Depending on Role, essential responsibilities may also include oversight and management of people and functions described below.
1. Takes the lead in working with customers, application developers, architects, project management and team members to understand more complex business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality business solutions. Takes the lead and is Involved in more complex aspects and/or full systems development lifecycle and is responsible for creation and maintenance of project lifecycle documents/deliverables (vision document, supplemental specifications, testing plan, testing schedule, testing scenarios, testing outcomes, approvals, and training materials).
2. Provide assistance and/or takes the lead in application development project deliverables. Obtain appropriate level of signoff as appropriate throughout the project lifecycle.
3. Manage more complex job and project requirements so that projects are completed on time, in scope, within budget, with minimal defects. May help to maintain documentation such as design documents, architecture and flow diagrams.
4. Takes the lead in providing required business and/or subject matter expertise for both more complex project and production related activities. May also take a lead role and participate as a subject matter expert in for more complex new strategic programs or initiatives impacting current and existing systems.
5. Assure compliance to required standards and all necessary approvals have been obtained throughout the project lifecycle.
6. Takes the lead in interfacing with the business areas, customers, partners, vendors, technical staff and project teams to drive value, return on investments and innovative solutions. This includes taking the lead in providing alternative solutions, including vendor solution acquisitions, with maximum benefits while reducing cost (e.g. cost benefit analysis, pros/cons of solutions).
7. Takes the lead in accountability for all aspects of more complex requirements testing (e.g. testing plan, scenarios, documentation, defect management) to ensure minimal production UAT defects are realized and completing analysis of the results tying back to customer impacts. Takes the lead and will interface closely with the business and technical staff on the team during all phases of the more complex project, including unit and system testing, integration and UAT testing culminating with implementation checkout and post implementation support.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
• HS Diploma or GED
• 3-5 years related experience
• Experience working with government markets
• Experience working across multiple platforms
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated experience and ability to simplify (more complex) information/processes through process diagrams, user stories, content decomposition or the like
• Experience with supporting more complex methodologies for developing software including requirements (i.e. Use cases and/or User Stories)
• Experience with more complex query tool and/or report writers
• Experience in more complex data trending, quality assurance
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Yes (not typical; project-dependent)
Unusual Working Conditions
Standard; fast paced with multiple demands and priorities
This job requires the ability to work as a team member. Additionally, this job requires the willingness and ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and may require irregular work hours, holidays and/or weekends.
Note: Job duties and responsibilities support separation of duties across multiple users
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org