Job ID: J130268
Company: Highmark Health
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Part time
Job Type: Temporary
Posted at: Nov 8, 2018
Summer Internship May – August 2019 in the Audit & Compliance division of Highmark Health. Interns will have the opportunity to rotate through the division and work alongside staff to experience compliance audits, provider investigations, and fraud examinations, as well as job-shadow leadership and executives to learn how Audit & Compliance is integral to the operations of a large scale healthcare delivery and financing system.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
This job has the goal of providing the opportunity to acquire practical experience through direct exposure to the related business line(s) and to develop the next generation of diverse business professionals. To that end, the program will provide hands-on training and experience in the business line, expose the various career opportunities in the business line and related areas, and prepare participants for positions in the business.
Typical responsibilities include, providing services to the day-to-day operating objectives of the assigned area, participating in projects and programs appropriate to the needs of the assigned area, participating in the planning and implementation of projects and initiatives, conducting research and reporting including recommendations or proposals for action.
RECRUITMENT TIMELINE EXPECTATIONS
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Communicate effectively while interacting directly with colleagues, clientele, and/or other internal or external constituencies in the planning of assignments and the resolution of day-to-day operational problems.
2. Under supervision, provide entry-level professional services as appropriate to the day-to-day operating objectives of the area. Receives guidance, training, and mentoring from senior personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
3. Undertake and/or participates in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization.
4. Participate in the planning and implementation of unit projects and initiatives within area of expertise and ability.
5. As specifically requested by management, conduct research and reporting inclusive of recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
6. Undertake related studies or enrichment programs as appropriate to the specific objectives of the operating unit.
7. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org