Job ID: J130680
Company: Highmark Inc
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Sep 25, 2018
Plans, manages and oversees the implementation of the strategic business and functional infrastructure (existing and future) of the underlying systems that support the respective business platforms for all health insurance products, programs, ancillary services and markets served by Highmark. Direct the requirement development, testing and refinement of the underlying systems, defines strategic and tactical approaches to improve business systems to support the underlying workflow of these systems, and is a contributor to the divisional planning process and senior management team. Responsible for managing the identification of enhancements and expanded capabilities of these major enterprise systems including design, developing, modifying, adapting and implementing short- and long-term solutions to information technology (IT) and business process/technology solutions through new and existing applications, systems architecture, network systems and applications infrastructure. Reviews system requirements and business processes, ensures quality outcomes, participates in code walkthroughs and tests, debugs to implement software solutions.
1. Acts as business platform(s) owner and directs the daily operations of the underlying systems, supporting and contributing to strategic and tactical initiatives to improve these operations and systems, defines, enhances and/or supports the underlying workflow of these systems. Responsible for directing the identification of enhancements and expanded capabilities of these major enterprise systems through direct facilitation with the business and user community.
2. Partners closely with the PMO staff, stakeholders, IT and others who support and/or use the underlying systems and processes and directs the infrastructure support for the respective business platform and directs support and integration of data and knowledge used to service group customers, consumer’s and/or providers.
3. Resolve high impact platform, defect or business technical issues. Directly facilitates active and ongoing communication with the user community.
4. Oversees the design, development, modification, adaptation and implementation of short- and long-term solutions to information technology (IT) and business solutions through new and existing applications, systems architecture, network systems and applications infrastructure
5. Identify, implement, and adhere to multi-state and federal government regulations, corporate policy mandates, corrective action plans, compliance requirements and process improvement initiatives impacting systems, operating platform and associated process and workflows.
6. Work with director and stakeholders to ensure development and implementation of department and corporate strategic and tactical business platform initiatives. Contributes to the planning efforts to support the strategic planning process as it relates to their assigned applications and impacts to those systems or processes.
7. This role will at times be accountable to directly deliver projects or programs and/or actively participate in transformational initiatives. These could include managing complex matrix relationships across business units or even business entities within Highmark or its strategic business partners. When this is the case, there may be less direct reporting relationships and more matrix relationships demanding extensive relationship management skills. These types of assignments would be of the small to medium sized projects / programs and/or mid-level complexity or scope.
8. Ensure continuous platform improvement by responding to feedback and championing process improvement initiatives by empowering their team to deliver quality services/products to internal and external customers. Increase knowledge sharing and new hire on-boarding by ensuring properly maintained documentation of the platform’s features, functions and associated processes. Develop and implement short-term and long-term departmental goals.
9. Display the ability to accept direction and provide leadership to develop/maintain a high-performance team. Coach, mentor, manage and develop employees by establishing clear goals, expectations, and strategies for employee performance. Manage the growth and career of employees to enable them to meet the current and future needs of the transforming organization. Develop and administer performance reviews with measurable goals. Assess employee skills and oversee personal development plans as it relates to career development. Ensure employees complete individual development plans (IDP) annually. Ensure timely completion of staff training. Promote and participate in team building activities.
10. Manage teams that span geographic areas or functional areas.
11. Promote diversity and inclusion.
12. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? Yes
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required? Yes
Unusual Working Conditions
Standard. Fast-paced with multiple, competing priorities. Please note the role will be used as a “common” job description within Strategic Operations for the Application Director role. The incumbents to these roles will be assigned one or more applications in which they will direct activities as described.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org