Job ID: J132900
Company: Gateway Health Plan
Location: Camp Hill, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Sep 26, 2018
Handles customer inquiries by telephone and/or email and/or in person from individual members, groups, providers and brokers in a customer service center. Troubleshoots and resolves customer complaints. Ensures that responses to inquiries are completed timely and according to established service and quality standards. This position is for Bilingual candidates - if you are interested in this opportunity but do not have these skills please apply to J132899.
• Engages with customers in a confident and compelling manner, performing the full range of customer service duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
• Strives to resolve customer concerns in a single interaction via telephone, written, or face to face communication.
• Responds to a diverse set of customers with an equal level of confidence regardless of the issue at hand.
• Works independently of support from a senior customer service representative, frequently utilizing the knowledge center, answering customer inquiries.
• Routinely responds to customers with an in-depth product knowledge achieved through a continuously improving set of listening, analysis, quality focus, problem solving, and documentation skills.
• Consistently exceeds results for internal adherence, efficiency, and inquiry timeliness.
• Resolves standard and frequently non-routine, limited impact, customer inquiries, comments, and concerns with the most limited escalation consistent with company policies and processes.
• Other duties as assigned or requested.
High School Diploma/GED
1-3 years experience in customer service or call center environment
Fluency in Spanish and English
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, including customer needs assessment and meeting standards.
Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously and respond to customers and their issues promptly and professionally.
Ability to take direction and to navigate through multiple systems simultaneously.
Ability to maintain composure under stressful and fast-paced conditions.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to communicate complex information in a simple, customer facing way.
• Applies in-depth product knowledge obtained through ongoing cycles of working with routine and non-routine subject matter
• Regardless of recurring and routine customer inquiries, comments, and concerns, approaches each and every interaction with superior listening skills
• Multi-tasks with a high level of efficiency yet treats every customer as the most important during the interaction so as not to leave the customer with a hurried impression
• Ability to ask effective probing and/or open and closed ended questions that will help in issue resolution in a conversational manner with customers, using verbal clues and system tools to develop tailored recommendations for the customer
• Ability to master initial training competencies while demonstrating the ability to learn additional competencies through additional training
• Ability to de-escalate challenging customer inquiries, comments, and concerns while delivering necessary information consistent with Company policies and processes
Training Schedule 6 weeks Monday - Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 40 hours a week scheduled between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM
Bilingual: Spanish - required.
Job requires the ability to work as a team member. Additionally, this job requires the willingness and ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and may require irregular work hours, holidays and/or weekends.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org