Job ID: J133774
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Part time
Job Type: Temporary
Posted at: Oct 9, 2018
Summer Internship for May-August 2019 in the Human Resources division of Highmark Health.
As a Human Resources Experience Designer intern, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your Human Resources knowledge and creative thinking to help drive the transformation of our future workforce in the Healthcare Industry.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent has the opportunity to enhance the effectiveness of Human Resources service delivery to the organization while acquiring practical experience in the HR field.. To that end, the program will provide hands-on training and experiences in Human Resources, expose the various career opportunities in Human Resources, and related areas, and prepare participants for positions in Human Resources.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Communicate effectively while interacting directly with colleagues, employee workforce, and/or other internal or external constituencies in the planning of assignments and the resolution of day-to-day operational or workforce problems.
2. Under supervision, provide entry-level professional services as appropriate to the day-to-day operating objectives of the area. Receives guidance, training, and mentoring from senior personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
3. Undertake and/or participates in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization.
4. Participate in the planning and implementation of unit projects and initiatives within area of expertise and ability.
5. As specifically requested by management, conduct research and reporting inclusive of recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
6. Undertake related studies or enrichment programs as appropriate to the specific objectives of the operating unit.
7. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org