Job ID: J135235
Company: Highmark Inc
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Nov 8, 2018
I. GENERAL OVERVIEW:
This position supports customer strategy and is primarily responsible for the development of clinical and healthcare related content of client-facing materials that will optimize strategic messaging and communications. Performs extensive edits of materials to ensure that content is accurate, forward-thinking, strategic, relevant, and meaningful. Together with designated colleagues, this position coordinates the RFI and RFP responses from the Health Plan. This position substantiates the Highmark mission, provides product differentiation, and contributes to the retention of Clients and acquisition of new business by providing client specific responses with emphasis on market differentiation with Highmark’s clinical and product capabilities.
**We are hiring for 2 Healthcare Content Writers.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Write and edit CCR clinical and product content.
2. Collaborate with the Content Strategists and Sales Messaging team to develop client-facing materials.
3. Coordinate Health Affairs RFI and RFP responses.
4. Develop and maintain the clinical, product, and provider content for the Health Affairs portion of the Sales RFI/RFP Data Library. Ensure that the content is concise, clear, progressive and personal.
5. Work with Content Strategists and Health Plan Stakeholders to develop strategic and proactive client facing narratives for critical Highmark initiatives.
6. Research and develop scientifically-based extrapolations that support potential cost-avoidance for preventable health risks. Work with the clinical team to develop scenarios in which they are applied consistently.
7. Other duties as assigned or requested
Bachelor of Science in business, marketing, or healthcare administration, or in a clinical field such as Nursing, Exercise Science, Behavioral Health, Nutrition, or Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of health content writing experience.
Five (5) years experience in health care and the health insurance industry.
Two (2) years clinical analytic experience and strategic thinking.
Two (2) years experience and excellence in writing and editing health communications.
MBA/MHA or Master’s degree in a clinical field such as Nursing, Exercise Science, Behavioral Health, Nutrition.
Demonstrated experience and excellence in health communications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Clinical, product, and/or provider knowledge and health care experience.
• Comprehensive understanding of population health management
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Demonstrated experience and excellence in health communications.
• Portfolio of examples of healthcare writing.
• Active listening skills.
• Relationship building skills
• Analytical skills.
• Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
• Ability to meet deadlines often with a quick turnaround time.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org